• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My thoughts on BJ Daniels

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

then he would be leaving after 2011 anyway to get paid some serious money in the NFL.

He's 5'11 on a good day.  Unless there becomes a spread offense in the NFL, or he shows a bit more than what we saw against UT-Martin. He's not leaving early

You must be wrong because from what I am reading, he is 100% better than Grothe who is 21-8 as our starter.  :)

I agree that I would like for him to be getting more time, but I don't think that we need to revisit it after every game that he doesn't get in. He's playing a role on this team today, and today, that's a lot more important than he could be doing as a RS.

I wasn't around the boards in 2005, but were people saying the same thing about Hill? Is Landi the next Grothe? Only time will tell I guess, I didn't mean to start an argument, and looking at this thread after a day of work, it's great to be having these conversations at 12 years old huh?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

This is deep...

I would love to quit reading posts of people ******** about his redshirt being wasted. Who cares. It is 2008, we're 4-0, and we are trying to win the BE. I couldn't give 2 ***** about who will be our QB in 2012. We needed a 3rd string QB THIS year since Voss left, and BJ was the guy. We haven't seen anything out of him yet. If, as you all assume, he is the next Dan Marino/Tim Tebow hybrid, then he would be leaving after 2011 anyway to get paid some serious money in the NFL.

I do care about the future of this program, but we will continue recruiting, I have faith in CJL that he will bring someone in for the 2012 season. At this point, to me, whats the difference in breaking someone in in 2012 or 2013? Hell, I don't know what is going on with the program at that point, maybe we have the next Andre Hall, and we don't even pass the ball. Maybe we move to a pro-type offense and we don't need a spread option QB.

I think BJ is going to be great for us, but, having him there this year was really the only option. Look at other programs, it happens all the time. Hunter Cantwell is a pretty good QB, but only has one year to play. I think Sanchez at USC is an upperclassman also isn't he?

Big time programs always have someone coming in. We need to win now in order to secure our future, not the other way around.

OK, that will end my rant, sorry, must be a case of the "Mondays".

sanchez is a 4th year junior

bj should have been redshirted

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Man crush on BJ... They should start him this week... sit Grothe for the first couple of series... and see how BJ functions under an opposing team's hostile environment. I think the kid will thrive under pressure. Believe it or not, I think we've been snatching the better QB recruits with respect to two of the three of the Big Four.

• Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

I think we all know that if grothe went down. BJ would be the guy to bail us out. i like gregory's toughness but there is a big gap in talent and style that would fit our offense.

As much as matt runs, we are one play away from needing another sparkplug and that is BJ.

• Content Count:  1,478
  • Days Won:  0

This is deep...

I would love to quit reading posts of people ******** about his redshirt being wasted. Who cares. It is 2008, we're 4-0, and we are trying to win the BE. I couldn't give 2 ***** about who will be our QB in 2012. We needed a 3rd string QB THIS year since Voss left, and BJ was the guy. We haven't seen anything out of him yet. If, as you all assume, he is the next Dan Marino/Tim Tebow hybrid, then he would be leaving after 2011 anyway to get paid some serious money in the NFL.

I do care about the future of this program, but we will continue recruiting, I have faith in CJL that he will bring someone in for the 2012 season. At this point, to me, whats the difference in breaking someone in in 2012 or 2013? Hell, I don't know what is going on with the program at that point, maybe we have the next Andre Hall, and we don't even pass the ball. Maybe we move to a pro-type offense and we don't need a spread option QB.

I think BJ is going to be great for us, but, having him there this year was really the only option. Look at other programs, it happens all the time. Hunter Cantwell is a pretty good QB, but only has one year to play. I think Sanchez at USC is an upperclassman also isn't he?

Big time programs always have someone coming in. We need to win now in order to secure our future, not the other way around.

OK, that will end my rant, sorry, must be a case of the "Mondays".

sanchez is a 4th year junior

bj should have been redshirted

That's because USC probably has 3 QBs already that could start at USF, so they can redshirt

• Content Count:  1,478

Wouldn't  it be awesome for grothe to get injured and just have gregory there to pick up the pieces?! didn't think so

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Regardless of BJ redshirting or not, aren't we still in the running for Eugene Smith?

Hey Hey!!!!  Congrats!!  You are correct!!!!!

Geno is a top-10 QB..... NATIONALLY!!!!!  And for us to show that we will play the youngsters early helps us.

I really hope we land Geno!!!  When he comes in, Grothe will be a senior, Gregory gone, and Daniels a sophomore.  With all due love to Daniels, if Geno commits here, he will be more than happy to unseat BJ as the top backup and may do it in NO time.  I may be wrong, but I believe Geno's high school runs the same offense.

• Content Count:  172

If Matt got hurt do you really think gregory can replace him? The answer is no, we dont have the depth at QB to redshirt BJ, thats just dumb.

Is BJ playing BBall this year? Can this be another reason they didnt RS him. That is why he came to USF, to play both sports.

• Content Count:  99

BJ is very highly thought of by the coaches. While he was rated as the strongest arm in HS by Rivals or Scout, what has blown away the coaches, is his feet.  The person I know who is very close to the coaches and really knows his stuff (been in major college  coaching for over 20 years) told me BJ has the best feet of any QB he's been around.

Archived