• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's pretty sad, isn't it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

We are 4-0, have played lousy, and we're only ranked in the Top 15.   :'(

Come on, people!  A year ago we were happy to crack the Top 25.  Are we ALREADY bored with being ranked?

I'm not! 

No. The issue is ... we're supposed to be a Top 15 team, but we played against UCF and certainly FIU like a team barely in the Top 50.

Being ranked means certain expectations... the Kansas game showed the potential the team has...

But you have to realize... those of us who are not beaming with pride are not looking back, we're looking ahead... and we're taking this team's performance and extrapolating it forward... Louisville, Cincinnati, and WVU (at least) are games where USF simply HAS to perform better...

couldnt have said it better

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's one thing to look at areas we need to improve.  Quite another to gripe and complain and whine.

There is far too much of the latter on this board.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

its obvious some people want to discuss obvious faults and ways to fix them (ucf, fiu)

while others rather ignore those faults and be content with short term goals (kansas)

Im sure (hope lately) the coaches are doing the first part.  

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

But you have to realize... those of us who are not beaming with pride are not looking back, we're looking ahead... and we're taking this team's performance and extrapolating it forward... Louisville, Cincinnati, and WVU (at least) are games where USF simply HAS to perform better...

Are any of those teams better than Kansas? I don't think so ... so I assume you're singling those games out because they're away and you haven't been impressed with our play away from RayJay?

With the exception of about 29 minutes (from the end of the 2nd quarter to the beginning of the 4th, and the kick by Bonani), I wasn't that impressed with our play at RayJay against Kansas either.

So you weren't impressed by Todd Reesing?  Geez...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

We gotta step up the play on the road BIG TIME!

I think FIU was a good kick in the pants for the team, realizing that they need to step it up if they wanna win the big east. I dont expect them to play that poorly the rest of the year.

I agree that we need to play better on the road.  But I don't know if a close loss to FIU is a good kick in the pants.  We played poorly at FAU last year and went on the road to Rutgers and lost.  This is just a difficult team to figure out.  You would have thought going into half time yesterday up only 10 - 0 that that would have been a kick in the pants and they would have scored 21 or more in the second half and dominated.

• Content Count:  3,084

Mike as a fan watching the game of any team you like in any sport, you dont ever get frustrated?  say things like man the rays are great but their closer is blowing leads.  Sure they are in first place but in situations where games and seasons really count we need to fix this problem or it will come back to bite us.  

I mean the only fan i ever knew that was just happy with their teams current record and ignored actual facts of games was my mom.  I would say she was a flawed fan.    

there is obvious areas where we need improvement, my mom wouldnt see it, she would see 4-0, but most do.

• Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I think this post is directed to some people that think USF should play a perfect season.

Yexas barely won at UCF last season.

USC lost to Stanford at Home.

There are many examples.

I am far from worried, I know how good this team can be and know there is othing I can do but cheer to help. Some wanna get their frustrations off their chest and some are just idiots.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  10,201

I was pissed  durring the game I am over it, this team played worse game ever fiu played best they could we still win easy.

I expect much better play vs nc st after that showing vs fiu

• Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I just want the bowl game to be somewhere cool. I hope we get in the St Petersburg Bowl, I hear thats a real great place, anyone been there?

OK that's sarcasm, Just pointing that out because I don't want a bunch of posts telling me what a jackass I am because the St Pete bowl would be underachieving..........blah, blah, blah

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Being at the game live and watching the sidelines was eye openning.  First, lack of urgency or desire on the sideline.  Yeah we played poorly as a team but I did not see the team captains talking to players and trying to get people focused. 

Let down from the Kansas game or just bad road performance I don't know.  That is something the team needs to resolve.  It seems like everyone had it.  Also, play calling was less than spectacular.  I actually made two calls based on the formation of what was going to happen on the play.  Grothe run was one of them.

Surprising we did very little fake handoffs to the running back followed by a deep pass. 

Archived