• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's pretty sad, isn't it?

Who'sYourData?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We are 4-0, have played lousy, and we're only ranked in the Top 15.  :'(

Come on, people!  A year ago we were happy to crack the Top 25.  Are we ALREADY bored with being ranked?

I'm not! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,560
  • Days Won:  10

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still excited that we have FOOTBALL now!

It used to be the only excitement you could look forward to was watching Charlie Bradley or Radenko on the hardwood and, occasionally, upsetting a 'name' team (though, rarely).  I'm not sure whether I'll ever get jaded to the point where an unexpected loss (or an unexpectedly close win) will make me froth at the mouth, but I seriously doubt it.  You know why?  Because we play FOOTBALL next weekend!

We are 4-0, have played lousy, and we're only ranked in the Top 15.  :'(

Come on, people!  A year ago we were happy to crack the Top 25.  Are we ALREADY bored with being ranked?

I'm not! 

No. The issue is ... we're supposed to be a Top 15 team, but we played against UCF and certainly FIU like a team barely in the Top 50.

Being ranked means certain expectations... the Kansas game showed the potential the team has...

But you have to realize... those of us who are not beaming with pride are not looking back, we're looking ahead... and we're taking this team's performance and extrapolating it forward... Louisville, Cincinnati, and WVU (at least) are games where USF simply HAS to perform better...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

But you have to realize... those of us who are not beaming with pride are not looking back, we're looking ahead... and we're taking this team's performance and extrapolating it forward... Louisville, Cincinnati, and WVU (at least) are games where USF simply HAS to perform better...

Are any of those teams better than Kansas? I don't think so ... so I assume you're singling those games out because they're away and you haven't been impressed with our play away from RayJay?

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

We gotta step up the play on the road BIG TIME!

I think FIU was a good kick in the pants for the team, realizing that they need to step it up if they wanna win the big east. I dont expect them to play that poorly the rest of the year.

Are any of those teams better than Kansas? I don't think so ... so I assume you're singling those games out because they're away and you haven't been impressed with our play away from RayJay?

With the exception of about 29 minutes (from the end of the 2nd quarter to the beginning of the 4th, and the kick by Bonani), I wasn't that impressed with our play at RayJay against Kansas either.

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

The fact that Boston College beat UCF 34-7 and we had to go into OT is pretty upsetting. UCF's superbowl or not, we should be far better than BC, and hence far better than UCF. BC looks like garbage and still managed to dominate UCF.

Guest nybullsfan

The fact that Boston College beat UCF 34-7 and we had to go into OT is pretty upsetting. UCF's superbowl or not, we should be far better than BC, and hence far better than UCF. BC looks like garbage and still managed to dominate UCF.

It was a home game for BC. As I recall we handled UCF pretty well at home last year...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,182
  • Days Won:  429

UCF was ahead of BC at the half so I'm not sure dominate is the correct description ..... As far as stats, we were a lot more dominant then BC was but BC didn't have the brain farts USF had.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

i could care less about the ranking currently, i want our team to play to their **** potential week in and week out.

Archived