• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's pretty sad, isn't it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget guys: most, if not all, of us thought we'd be 3-1 at this point. I know we certainly haven't been dominant, but we're undefeated and ranked top 15....they'll get it together. I certainly don't think we'll lose at home this year.

I predicted 13-0.  Just sayin, heh.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

I guess this is where we differ in our view of the team. I am not expecting us to fail or have any "here we go again" moments. Sure-- you can draw comparisons to various turnovers and go-- "aha-- see, the coaches still haven't 'fixed' that problem". But what does that get you? Some satisfaction that you correctly predicted our coaches suck or that our players are unwilling to learn or play hard or get better or some other flaw?

To me-- it's football. I played long enough to know that you aren't going to go out there and play perfect all the time. YOu had better be ready to deal with adversity and not let it get to you. If someone was beating me in a wrestling mtch or on the football field-- I just tried that much harder. If I was dominating someone-- I went for the jugular (well not literally-- that is illegal). You will miss blocks or have the other guy beat you in the trenches. It's a war in there and the defense has the easier job since they do not need to have all the parts clicking to make certain plays work all the time. That's why teams don't score every play. In the FIU game, I felt we imposed our will quite often-- moved the ball pretty well. Then when we got into the red zone or even closer, we ran into some issues. That could be a bad scheme (play calling) or it could be the other team just outplaying us. Sometimes it is just bad luck (like Ford slipping onto his ass while making a cut on that slick new turf). They aren't sitting there going "oh no-- it's USF. What's the point in trying?". Hell no-- those guys are trying like crazy to beat us and make a name for their team. We better get used to that and I think we are. As much as some talk about our team coasting or not trying hard-- I just have to laugh. They play through the whistles every down. I don't think we give enough credit to the opponents.

Mike, that is exactly what isn't happening.  You would have thought that coming out of halftime up only 10 - 0 that they would have tried that much harder.  And they have not gone for the jugular.  USF has the superior team.  Following your logic/thoughts on this, either they weren't trying or they weren't superior.  Why can Penn St beat Temple 45 - 3 (or whatever it was)?  Were Penn State guys not making the blocks?  Obviously they did.  We did move the ball well overall but we couldn't get a yard a couple of times and couldn't get it in the endzone often enough.  That is the troubling part to me.  Look, I'm glad we won but as we walked out I didn't feel like we won.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Don't forget guys: most, if not all, of us thought we'd be 3-1 at this point. I know we certainly haven't been dominant, but we're undefeated and ranked top 15....they'll get it together. I certainly don't think we'll lose at home this year.

I don't know what you predicted, but I, for one, saw us beating Kansas. Only games I thought we could lose would be Cincy on a short week and @ WVU for their revenge game. At this point, really only the Cincy game worries me anymore, despite how we played against FIU

Archived