• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When the hell is Buie going to step it up?

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Buie is garbage.  He won't step up.  Bedford needs to step up and take the starting spot.

You don't need to be calling ANY of our players garbage. Take that type of attitude and crap elsewhere.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Marshall is obviously the best of the backups at this point.  He may start splitting time with Buie.  Hopefully equal PT as marshall has outplayed buie so far.

Marshall had huge offside penalties on him. He jumped way in front of the snap.

• Content Count:  1,633

Buie is garbage.  He won't step up.  Bedford needs to step up and take the starting spot.

You don't need to be calling ANY of our players garbage. Take that type of attitude and crap elsewhere.

What about Delbert (as a kicker, I know he is a good punter)??

• Content Count:  3,403

Are you first 2 posters watching games?  Buie had some very nice moves in the FIU game and he sometimes gets a very quick start.  The problem is that he doesn't have the closing speed to finish the play.  He's not playing that badly.

It's not Bedford that is behind him, either, it's Craig Marshall, who seems to be playing very well. Chris Robinson made a nice play against FIU as a DE, too.

Settle down there chippy, I did not say anything about Buie.

The other guy's post was deleted.  I was referring to Craig Marshall over Bedford, but not directly to you that just asked about Bedford.  The guy that had his post deleted was quoted by somebody else. Marshall has looked good so far, I think.

Are you first 2 posters watching games?  Buie had some very nice moves in the FIU game and he sometimes gets a very quick start.  The problem is that he doesn't have the closing speed to finish the play.  He's not playing that badly.

It's not Bedford that is behind him, either, it's Craig Marshall, who seems to be playing very well. Chris Robinson made a nice play against FIU as a DE, too.

Are you reading my post?! I didn't say he was playing bad!!! I simply said I expected more out of him than what he has shown to date!

Well I guess it's all what your expectations are.  I think he can be quick off the ball but doesn't have the closing speed.  Then again, I don't study the Dline I just notice stuff here and there.  I do notice Craig Marshall a lot, Chris Robinson seems to make plays every time he's in (despite supposedly not practicing hard or whatever his problem is), and I don't see Bedford much but the coaches sure hyped him up before the season.

The results for the entire line are disappointing so far, stats-wise, but I think they have been limiting the run very well.  We are 14th in the nation in rushing defense, so we're going alright (12th in total defense).

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'd like to see Chris Robinson on the field more, in whatever role they can get him out there in.  Kid's got a nose for the ball, especially when getting after the QB

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Our whole team needs to step it up. Im going to have nightmares all week because of last night.

• Content Count:  214

Buie has been a non-factor. Getting into the backfield once or twice a game, then not making the play and allowing it to become a positive for the opposing team is really not something I'd say is "playing well". Bedford has been on the field, but its been more as a tackle. I'm not real sure why that is, since all we heard was how he was going to come in, line up opposite Selvie and get to the Qb.

As a whole, the D-Line hasn't gotten all that much push. Certainly not in comparison to what we saw last season and what we expected. Selvie is getting doubled every play and is making his presence known in other ways, besides getting to the QB. But if he isn't getting there, someone has to step up and get there. McClain did do a nice job up the middle Saturday night...hopefully the ankle is good to go for Saturday and he can pick up where he left off.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

They just need to work as a team and the rest will work out.  We have plenty of talent just need to use it.  That said, defense played well for almost the entire game on Saturday, seems like they need the play for 60 minute speech.

They just need to work as a team and the rest will work out.  We have plenty of talent just need to use it.  That said, defense played well for almost the entire game on Saturday, seems like they need the play for 60 minute speech.

1 bad play.  That's it.

Archived