• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When the hell is Buie going to step it up?

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Are you first 2 posters watching games?  Buie had some very nice moves in the FIU game and he sometimes gets a very quick start.  The problem is that he doesn't have the closing speed to finish the play.  He's not playing that badly.

It's not Bedford that is behind him, either, it's Craig Marshall, who seems to be playing very well. Chris Robinson made a nice play against FIU as a DE, too.

Are you reading my post?! I didn't say he was playing bad!!! I simply said I expected more out of him than what he has shown to date!

Well I guess it's all what your expectations are.  I think he can be quick off the ball but doesn't have the closing speed.  Then again, I don't study the Dline I just notice stuff here and there.  I do notice Craig Marshall a lot, Chris Robinson seems to make plays every time he's in (despite supposedly not practicing hard or whatever his problem is), and I don't see Bedford much but the coaches sure hyped him up before the season.

The results for the entire line are disappointing so far, stats-wise, but I think they have been limiting the run very well.  We are 14th in the nation in rushing defense, so we're going alright (12th in total defense).

at the end of the day buie has been a diasppontment

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I expected us to see great things from Buie this season, especially with all the attention that is being given to Selvie from opposing defenses.

He will never step it up.  He doesn't have another level and is becoming one of the most disappointing recruits in this program's history.

• Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Not singling out one LB, but if USF is going to get the moniker as an LB school with Coach Wally, then the entire LB corps has been a disappointment so far this season....

Someone needs to step up in the LB personnel and a) make plays B) challenge each other to raise each other’s game and c) inspire the team to out perform each other in their respective units…

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

USF's pressure has all but disappeared with Selvie being double- and triple-teamed, coupled with the other defensive linemen not stepping up.

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/906138.html

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not singling out one LB, but if USF is going to get the moniker as an LB school with Coach Wally, then the entire LB corps has been a disappointment so far this season....

Someone needs to step up in the LB personnel and a) make plays B) challenge each other to raise each other’s game and c) inspire the team to out perform each other in their respective units…

???

Really? Umm, Tyrone McKenzie is, IMHO, the best LB in college football. Guy never misses a tackle, always hits hard, and always seems to get in on every play in the same time zone as his side of the field.

We aren't seeing the same stats as we have the last several years because we are playing a nickle defense, but I don't know if you can call out the LBs. Brouce was playing well also before getting injured, but, other than Selvie, T-Mac in my opinion is the most fun person on defense to watch individually. Nate Allen is in the running as well, he is always the one to make a play at critical moments in the game.

Archived