• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You gotta love UCF's erector set stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I liked the stadium, and the atmosphere.

For what it is, the stadium is really a neat place to watch a game. Remember folks, before 2007, how many times was the upper deck open at Raymond James? How many times did you leave a Bulls game thinking: "man, what a great college atmosphere!".....uh, zero.

Of COURSE the speakers blew your ears out.....of COURSE we had no chairbacks....of COURSE our seats were in the top corner....

Newsflash: we were the VISITORS. It's not supposed to be comfortable for us!

- The PA announcer was annoying, I'll admit. On numerous occasions, I told "BSRN12" that the PA guy thought he was a play by play guy. Sounded pretty bush league, if you ask me.

- Traffic(and parking) getting in was ridiculous. We left Valrico at 4pm. With no stops, parking, and the walk to the stadium, we got to our seats during the National Anthem, just after 7pm.

- I liked the wide aisles and wide rows and I liked being able to stomp your feet and make noise.

- Overall, I think it's a nice stadium. The big scoreboard is a stand-alone board, which means that the stadium IS pre-built for expansion, it would seem...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639

You know what I don't get...

How was it a record crowd when tickets were available hours before the game?  Someone on here was able to find 8 seats together... so, clearly it wasn't a sell out.  But it was a record crowd?

The official attendance number was 46,805 for last Saturday's game. I think 45,300 is considered a sellout ..not sure if it was a record...we had over 46k at HC last year.

-I hope everyone had a good time and thanks for the positive feedback, I understand some of the negative reviews on some aspects but parking is going to be a pain at any on campus venue unless you are top donor at the host school. Gainesville and Tallahassee I've done plenty of walking and a lot of sitting in traffic when I've gone to a few games there. Anyway I hope the posters that I gave advice to on tailgating/parking had a good gameday and good luck w/ Kansas.

• Content Count:  2,307

It was posted on the newspaper that it was a record crowd.  But like I said, that makes no sense at all when tickets were available a few hours before kickoff.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The cameras were shaking so bad that the game was not viewable, at times. It was dark. I was switching between it and Gator/Miami game during commercials, and the difference, was literally, like day and night. That stadium is going to cost them TV games, national ones anyway. It's not about money, it's about exposure.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

At first I thought my tv was busted but then I realized that it was the UCF stadium that is busted... hope they kept a receipt for that piece of crap stadium.

dddd.png

• Content Count:  711

Thanks for the compliments/complaints.  I got to meet a few of your fans who were tailgating at memory mall and shared a couple of beers with them.  Nice people, wished them luck and moved on.  Overall, the USF fans I talked to were really impressed with the campus and gameday atmosphere.  Lots of USF fans were very complimentary...and that's was appreciated.  

As far as the stadium itself, there's no UCF fan that will brag about it's structure....and we definitely can't compare it to Ray Jay or even other traditional SEC or Big 10 type stadiums....but it is what it is and provides us with a solid home field advantage and considering that our only other choice was the Citrus Dump...I'd take our stadium 100x!!  But our tailgating atmosphere and campus areas are what we are mostly proud of...UCF did a really nice job upgrading that entire area.

BHNS will be upgraded eventually...it's pretty much a skeleton of itself, right now.  We just needed to get out of the dump downtown and bring in some income for UCF.  It may not be pretty.....but that stadium brings in a lot of revenue.  

Being new....there are still a lot of things that need improvement...traffic, parking...but it's a campus built for student attending school...not football games.  For those of you that enjoyed themselves, I'm glad you had a good time.  For others that had bad experiences...I'm sorry.  For some that were impressed and enjoyed themselves....but won't give UCF any props just because...that's fine..we know the truth!! ;)

As far at record crowds...it was a record at BHNS...but not all-time UCF.  We had a couple of games with over 50k at the Citrus Bowl...Va Tech in '00 and the CUSA Champ game in '05.

My experience was good until we blew the game.  Ugh!  I honestly felt worse after that loss than the Auburn game in '98.  I felt we blew it and had the momentum.  The fans that left....I hope you had a lesson learned that it's not over 'till it's over....those fans are same that go to Magic games and reminded me of Bucs games back in the day.  Although...the way our offense played...there weren't many that gave us a shot with less than 3 minutes to go and score 2 TD's.  But that's why there's 60 minutes in each game.

Anyway...I enjoyed tailgating w/some of your fans....they were much nicer to me this year, compared to last year...for sure!!

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The stadium was nicer than the Citrus Bowl, that's for sure.

However... at the Citrus Bowl, I feared for my life walking through the neighborhood.  At BHNS, I feared for my life having to walk through the drunken idiot fans who were cursing and carrying on like they've never had a drink before.

All in all, I preferred parking in the ghetto.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Much better than the Citrus Dump. UCF clearly needed to get something on campus quickly, and I can't fault them for building the Erector Set. Although their students were more hateful than I expected, I actually enjoyed the atmosphere there, and their campus is looking great.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hatred and rivalry aside for a moment...

I'm seriously going to miss playing UCF - I have been a rare supporter of keeping UCF on the schedule b/c lets face it USF and UCF fans really hate each other for the most part and I think USF should keep the series going. Its hard to find a close team that really has this type of dysfunctional bond.

Either way its been fun  :'( kicking some UCF butt  ;D

• Content Count:  1,390

It was posted on the newspaper that it was a record crowd.  But like I said, that makes no sense at all when tickets were available a few hours before kickoff.

Key phrase there: A few HOURS BEFORE kickoff.I'm sure some walkups bumped up the crowd. I ,for one, didn't see many empty seats.

Archived