• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You gotta love UCF's erector set stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

It might have been annoying for you guys at home, but it is quite a fun little stadium in person. Jumping on it really helps make noise.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I commented on another thread, just got back from game.

The walk to/from car took as long as the drive to/from St. Pete.

There are no clear signs were the stadium is coming down University, I wish I reasearched this more ahead of time.

Needed a beer so so bad when finally reached the stadium just to realize it is school property and they dont sell beer

Seat backs are needed bad

It was a loud atmosphere but the stadium wasnt that big, felt like a larg e HS stadium.

The jumbotron speaker blew my ear drums, I wish we didnt have soo many 3rd downs.

The score board was rediciulous, it was never correct or it took forever to show the current yrds to go.  I would think if it is showing what yard line the ball was on it would know immediately how many more to go.

Did not have time to enjoy self with all the walking, parked at 6:35, got into the stadium at 7:25

Also walked back to car in fear that it would have been towed, after hearing 100+ cars being towed from a nearby lot.

I say no to OCS if it will be like that.  

• Content Count:  214

Was at the game....pretty much a big high school stadium. I was telling Shoop that I felt like this "new" stadium reminded me a lot of that sorry dump (built in the teens or 20s) in Birmingham, Legion Field (I think..lol..its late).

Their crowd did not appear to have any real affect on our team, though, we seemed to be able to rattle them a couple times when they had to play into our endzone. We weren't as loud as we were a year ago at Auburn, but we came through when it mattered. (4th and 1)

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It was loud, but not as loud as the WVU game last year. I think what really adds to the noise is the metal benches/floor(?).

I was very dissapointed in the field surface. It was almost so bad that you have to wonder if they intentionally over watered to try and slow our guys down. Literally, after our first drive, the field was a mess. Put another game on there today, and it would be like Pitt last year.

Overall though, it was a great atmosphere. I didn't have any issues with their fans, just getting out of there was retarded. It took me over an hour to get 1 mile from the stadium. At least they had every cop in Orange County there watching people not being able to go anywhere...ooh, I have an idea...how about directing traffic??

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

And They have parking garages all over that campus... Build 3 or 4 in the huge grassy area next to the stadium will ya?? It shouldn't take me an hour to walk to my car...

by the time i got there [about 6:30 after waiting in traffic] the cops had blocked off all the entrances to the red and blue parking zones.

i ended up parking at Wal-Mart off McCulloch and Alafaya [or whatever], which was like 3 miles from the f'in stadium.

by the time i got to my seat i was drenched in sweat and ready to pass out.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

and i could definetely feel the swaying of the stadium.

my g/f was shocked that as we were walking up the stairs to our section the whole stinkin place sounded like it was gonna come crashing down.

i'll take RayJay any day of the weak and twice on saturdays, off-campus or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

My 2 Cents,

Yes, the parking was retarded and the "shuttle" from our lot took us through bumper-to-bumper traffic about 1 mile w/out AC and packed like sardines. Yes we had to walk through the mall and yes there are no seats back or beer, all very annoying, but.............that is one cool environment. Taking off my Bull blinders, I would argue that any one of us would flip to have a stadium that actually moves when we got revved up. Don't be fooled by the negativity, if that's your stadium I can understand why the love is there. The bouncing is supposed to end though because, although it has passed inspection and is structurally sound, they are adding braces and the like to remove the bouncy effect. And to compare to Birmingham was not fair, this place is the taj mahal compared to that dump. At least they have water faucets now! And it was easy getting liquor in.  ;D ;D

• Content Count:  1,457

unless you're watching it on TV and you feel like you're a bobble head doll.  Holy crap was that annoying!!!

I hear the stadium was so poorly constructed that there is not a water fountain in the entire arena?

• Content Count:  159

As much as the cameras shook, I just cannot understand how that stadium is safe in some parts. They need to watch their capacity, or they may have some issues in the future. If USF ever decides to build an on campus stadium, I hope that they truly invest the time and money in a stadium so there are not the issues that are so apparent in the UCF stadium.

• Content Count:  292

For those not there the stadium really isn't that bad.  Their overall facilities are much improved and better than ours.  The campus area with the stores, shops, etc. is pretty nice.

Overall we had a pretty good experience.

Archived