• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You gotta love UCF's erector set stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

I wasn't even close to impressed with their stadium. All I heard about was how it was going to be the most intimidating environment we've ever been in. Yeah, right. Not even close to the loudest i've heard a stadium.

I agree.  I was underwhelmed.  It was not near as loud as some of our games.  I can't see how people say it is an intimidating atmosphere.  The spacing between rows was good; I was surprised.  But the stadium is crappy, no way around it.  Reminded me of FAU.  They should not have rushed into building it and waited until they could afford something better.  It only served to cement my belief that we need to stay at RayJay until we can build a rayjay clone.  And that is way, way off.

Unlike others (and yes, I stayed to the end) I had no problem getting out and was off campus in five minutes.  It helped that I parked in disabled parking on the east side of the stadium, but I was shocked at how fast we got out.  UCf fans were very nice to us and we enjoyed the game experience.  But that stadium...We are lucky, folks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

USF Game = Bigger crowd than CUSA Championship Game

Yes, we are their SuperBowl.

Kansas,

We had over 50 several times at the Citrus Bowl.  One was the first C-USA championship. Nice try on the superbowl bit.

Chad... you had shirts made.... it was your superbowl...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

USF Game = Bigger crowd than CUSA Championship Game

Yes, we are their SuperBowl.

Kansas,

We had over 50 several times at the Citrus Bowl.  One was the first C-USA championship. Nice try on the superbowl bit.

Chad... you had shirts made.... it was your superbowl...

and they had flags. seriously flags? he says they had over 50 several times at the dump. YEAH RIGHT before they had their on campus stadium, they had like maybe 1 or 2 crowds ever of over 40k

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The first thing I noticed when I walked into their frying pan was idiots stomping on the metal bleachers.  It really helped to be ANNOYING...

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

But the stadium is crappy, no way around it.  Reminded me of FAU.  They should not have rushed into building it and waited until they could afford something better.  It only served to cement my belief that we need to stay at RayJay until we can build a rayjay clone.  And that is way, way off.

Not even factoring the Citrus Dump into the equation it seems that , financially, they built it at the right time. The project cost about $50 million for UCF. FAU is trying to fund a similar stadium that will seat 15,000 LESS; but cost about $10 million MORE. Seems as though building costs are rising????

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The stadium eas nothing special, but it wasn't awful either.

I would imagine a similar setup for USF, but larger, higher quality and more chairbacks (between the 30s)

As for parking, I guess most our fan base hasn't been to many on campus stadiums. It's like that all over. USF is surrounded by two major roads, it will be much easier there

• Content Count:  112

It was bouncing in the USF section, makes for some loud noise, but it will collapse in 5 years.  It was impressive for a small non-factor division 2 school or top notch high school.  It was a weird environment inside the tin can.

• Content Count:  2,239

The first thing I noticed when I walked into their frying pan was idiots stomping on the metal bleachers.  It really helped to be ANNOYING...

I love your double speak back on the Rivals board.

As for flags, the Bucs have their battle flags and I don't see anyone here calling them high school.  I thought it looked cool with the students wearing white.

The exiting situation flat out blows.  I hate it and it's the one thing that kills my game day experience.  I'm hoping the continue to work to remedy that(slowly making progress, just not in my lot).

The stadium is raw.  I make no excuse of buttering up on that.  However, the important part is that it's built.  Seeing how costs have been rising, it was built at the perfect time.  It will be upgraded over time.  It may not be the loudest place, but person for person noise there is as high as anywhere else.  Remember, it's only 45k or so people there and a 3rd level has yet to be added on.  I would expect RayJay packed can be a little louder.  It holds over 60k(can't remember the actual max).

Anyway, I enjoyed tailgating with _EI and Mrs EI.  It's always fun hanging with you two.  Throw in ZBC for good measure.  It's funny how he's much more mellow on his "wonderful" comments in person.  I would have loved in others here could have joined us cause it was a lot of fun.  Maybe I'll see you guys again soon.  I'm trying to get a ticket to the FIU/USF game to see the new stadium open since I live less than 15min from FIU.

• Content Count:  2,307

You know what I don't get...

How was it a record crowd when tickets were available hours before the game?  Someone on here was able to find 8 seats together... so, clearly it wasn't a sell out.  But it was a record crowd?

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I love your double speak back on the Rivals board.

As for flags, the Bucs have their battle flags and I don't see anyone here calling them high school.  I thought it looked cool with the students wearing white.

The exiting situation flat out blows.  I hate it and it's the one thing that kills my game day experience.  I'm hoping the continue to work to remedy that(slowly making progress, just not in my lot).

The stadium is raw.  I make no excuse of buttering up on that.  However, the important part is that it's built.  Seeing how costs have been rising, it was built at the perfect time.  It will be upgraded over time.  It may not be the loudest place, but person for person noise there is as high as anywhere else.  Remember, it's only 45k or so people there and a 3rd level has yet to be added on.  I would expect RayJay packed can be a little louder.  It holds over 60k(can't remember the actual max).

Anyway, I enjoyed tailgating with _EI and Mrs EI.  It's always fun hanging with you two.  Throw in ZBC for good measure.  It's funny how he's much more mellow on his "wonderful" comments in person.  I would have loved in others here could have joined us cause it was a lot of fun.  Maybe I'll see you guys again soon.  I'm trying to get a ticket to the FIU/USF game to see the new stadium open since I live less than 15min from FIU.

I do my best to be respectful to our gracious host, Lee :)  My only negative comment on this board was a qualified statement that exluded you guys.  I enjoyed tailgaiting with you guys, as always.  Albeit, it was brief due to things out of my control.  

Archived