• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF only sells 20,700 Season Tix - Down 4.5%

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

It seems that at the Pizza Bowl, we only had 12 Iron BULLS ... lots has happened the past 2 seasons.

Go BULLS !!!

Who told you that ET?  They were around 40 then.  Maybe you're thinking before the Meineke bowl, that was what the numbers was around then, but it was also when it was first formed.  One of Doug's pet projects.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Yea we play them this year...but its almost a mute point.

These threads will never die until people learn that it's a "MOOT" point, not a mute point.  =)

Sorry, went to USF for Music/I'm a Trumpet player you know/we use "mutes"/its late over here in Tokyo(where I'm playing with a Broadway show)/and I was typing fast...lol

insert excuse here...

oh...here's something that has a moot point for you buddy.  UF's Music Dept.       It Sucks BALLS, which is why I went to USF!!!  ;)

Later, little reptile...

GO BULLS!!!

Dude ......

You've got to be impressed. In 5 lines he was able to turn a comment from a fellow USF fan into a random attack on UF's music program.

When a Bulls fan does something, they do it right, goshdarnit....!!   ;)

I'm sure he'll see the error of his ways when he checks back in ...... if _EI hasn't tracked him down and throttled him for that horrible injustice.

I am reading Goldenbuc's explanation and i do get thsi distinct feeling some knight fans believe all our tickets are like $10-15 or something because they've read a few of these promotional deals.  USF has tons more seats to fill-up than UCF, and therefore to entice and try to get 55+ we've got to be creative.

I sit in section 111, and our tickets are $40/game, my father has seats in 112 and his are $37.5/game, and some of the Club seats in that section are priced in the $50-65/game range.

Those ticket prices at UCF are not that unbelievable, and people at USF pay that much for tickets too.

I am not sure where donor levels but as I mentioned above we've got groups that start at $100 and go up to $10,000.  Generally inside the 30's at USF games the average donor (assuming they're not grandfathered in, or get a faculty exemption) are starting at $2k donation levels.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

my father has seats in 112 and his are $37.5/game, and some of the Club seats in that section are priced in the $50-65/game range.

There are different ticket prices WITHIN a section? Are you sure about that?

my father has seats in 112 and his are $37.5/game, and some of the Club seats in that section are priced in the $50-65/game range.

There are different ticket prices WITHIN a section? Are you sure about that?

My father is not in the club section he's in A, and I think it's Club in section 110 (which is 50 yard line USF side) that is in that price range and not his section so didn't say that properly the first time. 

• Content Count:  130

Yea we play them this year...but its almost a mute point.

These threads will never die until people learn that it's a "MOOT" point, not a mute point.  =)

Sorry, went to USF for Music/I'm a Trumpet player you know/we use "mutes"/its late over here in Tokyo(where I'm playing with a Broadway show)/and I was typing fast...lol

insert excuse here...

oh...here's something that has a moot point for you buddy.  UF's Music Dept.       It Sucks BALLS, which is why I went to USF!!!  ;)

Later, little reptile...

GO BULLS!!!

Dude ......

You've got to be impressed. In 5 lines he was able to turn a comment from a fellow USF fan into a random attack on UF's music program.

When a Bulls fan does something, they do it right, goshdarnit....!!   ;)

I'm sure he'll see the error of his ways when he checks back in ...... if _EI hasn't tracked him down and throttled him for that horrible injustice.

Go hard or go home.

• Content Count:  2,239

Forgive me for the pot shot at Florida.  Their fan base for the most part are extremely arrogant and irritating.

I would think less of UCF or any other Florida school if they catered their schedule for another school like that.  NO school deserves that kind of treatment.  U of F is not god's gift to college football.

A school does what it can to make money and get fans in the stands. If you move kickoff to Thursday to get TV for money and exposure, you do it. If you see an opportunity to schedule a game when one of the state's "power" teams isn't playing, you do it. Try to not let your pride get in the way of business sense.

And even if UCF does have control of conference scheduling, you do what's in your team's interest, not in the interest of fair weather fans who are not putting your school at the top of the list.  I can guarantee you that Bulls fans here would rather have less fans if they were real Bull fans instead of a few more fans with primary allegiances elsewhere.

It's in UCF's best interest to get fans in the stands... that's how you make money, that's how you support the program, that's how you build a fanbase.

Now is not the time for you to complain about "fairweather" fans because half of the people coming to those UCF and USF games fall in that category right now. You develop a fanbase by turning casual fans into athletic supporters.

UCF's alumni base is very young and has mostly grown up with split allegiances. Now is the time when you bring them in, not push them away.

You're right.  Many fans have split allegiances.  We want UCF first fans to be our core group.  That will continue to grow as our alumni base grows.  We will let those fair weather, UCF second, UF/UM/FSU first fans collect leftovers.

• Content Count:  2,239

Forgive me for the pot shot at Florida.  Their fan base for the most part are extremely arrogant and irritating.

I would think less of UCF or any other Florida school if they catered their schedule for another school like that.  NO school deserves that kind of treatment.  U of F is not god's gift to college football.

And even if UCF does have control of conference scheduling, you do what's in your team's interest, not in the interest of fair weather fans who are not putting your school at the top of the list.  I can guarantee you that Bulls fans here would rather have less fans if they were real Bull fans instead of a few more fans with primary allegiances elsewhere.

Sometimes, I find it hard to dislike you. Even given your UCiFer status.  ;D

You can ask _EI.  I'm fun to hang with.  If you're coming to the game, join the mixed tailgate.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

3.)  The UCFAA really pissed off a lot of fans this year by hiking prices to home games.  Season ticket prices rose 3x and donor sections got moved into regular sections where those fans were forced to move or donate.  Not good IMO.  Now they're selling single tickets between $45-$65 dollars...which is unheard of not only at UCF....but in most college football stadiums, period.

Some were jacked up pretty high for donor/GKC seats.  My seats stayed the same....but I get a faculty discount through a friend who works there and we share the package.  But some went from $120 to $210

Not sure what kind of math they teach over at UCF - but $120 to $210 has a delta of $90. 

90 / 120 is 0.75 - thus ticket prices have increased in some sections 75%, at least according to your figures.  I agree with others on this board - I find it hard to believe that someone paid $120 for tickets last year and was told they had to pay $360 this year or give up their tickets.  Not saying it didn't happen, but that would really suprise me.

• Content Count:  130

A school does what it can to make money and get fans in the stands. If you move kickoff to Thursday to get TV for money and exposure, you do it. If you see an opportunity to schedule a game when one of the state's "power" teams isn't playing, you do it. Try to not let your pride get in the way of business sense.

It's in UCF's best interest to get fans in the stands... that's how you make money, that's how you support the program, that's how you build a fanbase.

Now is not the time for you to complain about "fairweather" fans because half of the people coming to those UCF and USF games fall in that category right now. You develop a fanbase by turning casual fans into athletic supporters.

UCF's alumni base is very young and has mostly grown up with split allegiances. Now is the time when you bring them in, not push them away.

You're right.  Many fans have split allegiances.  We want UCF first fans to be our core group.  That will continue to grow as our alumni base grows.  We will let those fair weather, UCF second, UF/UM/FSU first fans collect leftovers.

Define leftovers? Do you mean season tickets? Do you mean gameday walk up sales? Because that's what you are losing by taking that attitude at this point in UCF's development.

Archived