• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF only sells 20,700 Season Tix - Down 4.5%

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

3.)  The UCFAA really pissed off a lot of fans this year by hiking prices to home games.  Season ticket prices rose 3x and donor sections got moved into regular sections where those fans were forced to move or donate.  Not good IMO.  Now they're selling single tickets between $45-$65 dollars...which is unheard of not only at UCF....but in most college football stadiums, period.

Honestly, Goldie, I find it pretty hard to believe that they tripled ticket prices in one year to season ticket holders and kicked people out of their seats if they weren't willing to donate ... all in just the second year of a new stadium .... BUT, if that is true, maybe the financial situation over there isn't quite as rosy as you all continued to make it out.

Some were jacked up pretty high for donor/GKC seats.  My seats stayed the same....but I get a faculty discount through a friend who works there and we share the package.  But some went from $120 to $210.  The financial situation is never "rosy" when you're in debt.  But a gradual mark up yearly would have been smoother.  I can understand wanting to payoff the bills....but if they filled the stadium with cheaper tickets and solidfied more fans for the long term...they'd get more donor's dollars and season ticket holders to do the job. 

Honestly...I think after last year's success with attendance...UCF thought they had an instant gold mine and supply and demand would be higher after a CUSA Championship.  Had 24k stayed....he would have been hyped up, too...that'd bring fans in just to check him out as well.

There's a lot of factors really when dealing with fans, though.  I do worry that after a while...if UCF can't get into a BCS conference or there's no major changes in college football...the casual fans will get bored of CUSA...even if UCF wins it or while in CUSA consistantly.  In fact...that could already be the case for some.  It's kind of like playing a video game that takes forever to win....but once you defeat it...either the game needs to upgrade or you get bored and put it away.  Mario can only save the princess so many times.  That's just my opinion...that's not how I feel about UCF, ever....but from a casual fan/resident.  I'm not speaking of the students and alumni die-hards.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711

6.)  On to USF fans...congrats on your 7K rise.  It wouldn't have anything to do with a pre-season top 25 ranking or an exciting hopeful first half of last season...or the BCS tag or anything.....I'm sure all Bull fans are just that loyal and die hard.  Yeah right.  Do you think USF would have 20k in season tickets in CUSA??  Nope.  And you play in the Ray Jay!!  Right??

Based on the fact that USF was well over last years season ticket totals BEFORE both polls came out I would say it didn't have anything to to with the rankings.

If this team builds off of last year, then there should be another significant jump in season ticket sales next year with WVU and Miami on the home schedule.

We porbably would have sold 20,000 in C-USA, but thankfully we do not have to worry about that anymore.

If you have a great season this year and having WVU and UM in town next year...I can guarantee that you have a huge jump in season tickets sales...you better!!

But don't say you'd sell 20k for CUSA....you just jumped the 20k mark last season and that's 3 years into the BE.  Tampa is too big and too many other sports programs around.  USF would have too much supply and not enough demand with a 65k seat stadium and maybe one or two major draws each season.  If in CUSA...the 40k mark would still feel like a sellout to USF fans.  We can't get more than 46k....so not only does it feel like a sellout....it is!!  But that's still a pretty good crowd size in college football and it's loud in BHNS!!

• Content Count:  2,726

Is it just me, or is there alot of unnecessary b!tching on this board.

I mean...who cares if UCF's ticket sales went down.  There are a few reasons - Dawg pointed some out.  Lets just move on and let this thread die.  I get really agitated when "some" Bulls fans stay on topic with threads like this because they are really just stirring the pot.  There is almost NO reason to pick on UCF anymore.  Yea we play them this year...but its almost a moot point.  It might be a good game, i know they are going to play their asses off, but lets face it, we're prolly going to win.  Get over it!

Lets leave these guys alone and worry about other schools.

Let's start with...hmm, THE BIG EAST!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yea we play them this year...but its almost a mute point. 

These threads will never die until people learn that it's a "MOOT" point, not a mute point.  =)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

These threads will never die until people learn that it's a "MOOT" point, not a mute point.  =)

;D ...... My sister incessantly says "mute" instead of moot and it drives me up the freaking wall ... Which kind of reminds me of a line from one of my favorite, yet obscure, movies:

Sidney Wang: Yes, is confusing.

Lionel Twain: IT! IT is confusing! Say your ******* pronouns!

• Content Count:  130

Forgive me for the pot shot at Florida.  Their fan base for the most part are extremely arrogant and irritating.

I would think less of UCF or any other Florida school if they catered their schedule for another school like that.  NO school deserves that kind of treatment.  U of F is not god's gift to college football.

A school does what it can to make money and get fans in the stands. If you move kickoff to Thursday to get TV for money and exposure, you do it. If you see an opportunity to schedule a game when one of the state's "power" teams isn't playing, you do it. Try to not let your pride get in the way of business sense.

And even if UCF does have control of conference scheduling, you do what's in your team's interest, not in the interest of fair weather fans who are not putting your school at the top of the list.  I can guarantee you that Bulls fans here would rather have less fans if they were real Bull fans instead of a few more fans with primary allegiances elsewhere.

It's in UCF's best interest to get fans in the stands... that's how you make money, that's how you support the program, that's how you build a fanbase.

Now is not the time for you to complain about "fairweather" fans because half of the people coming to those UCF and USF games fall in that category right now. You develop a fanbase by turning casual fans into athletic supporters.

UCF's alumni base is very young and has mostly grown up with split allegiances. Now is the time when you bring them in, not push them away.

• Content Count:  2,726

Sorry, went to USF for Music/I'm a Trumpet player you know/we use "mutes"/its late over here in Tokyo(where I'm playing with a Broadway show)/and I was typing fast...lol

insert excuse here...

oh...here's something that has a moot point for you buddy.  UF's Music Dept.      It Sucks BALLS, which is why I went to USF!!!  ;)

Later, little reptile...

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Sorry, went to USF for Music/I'm a Trumpet player you know/we use "mutes"/its late over here in Tokyo(where I'm playing with a Broadway show)/and I was typing fast...lol

insert excuse here...

oh...here's something that has a moot point for you buddy.  UF's Music Dept.       It Sucks BALLS, which is why I went to USF!!!  ;)

Later, little reptile...

GO BULLS!!!

Dude ......

• Content Count:  130

insert excuse here...

oh...here's something that has a moot point for you buddy.  UF's Music Dept.       It Sucks BALLS, which is why I went to USF!!!  ;)

Later, little reptile...

GO BULLS!!!

Dude ......

You've got to be impressed. In 5 lines he was able to turn a comment from a fellow USF fan into a random attack on UF's music program.

Archived