• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF only sells 20,700 Season Tix - Down 4.5%

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The economy is hurting.  Plenty of people would rather be fed than season tickets and that's understandable.

UCF jacked up donation requirements in some sections as high as 3x.

This where the lack of BCS hurts.  The schedule isn't all that impressive(to me) and I guarantee that is hurting sales.

UCFs schedule will never be all that impressive to anyone.  UCF is just tricking people into buying tickets for multiple games by not selling individual game tickets to the USF game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

What's with you Bulls and throwing fallacies left and right?

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

UCFs schedule will never be all that impressive to anyone.  UCF is just tricking people into buying tickets for multiple games by not selling individual game tickets to the USF game.

Kind of like we are with individual lower bowl seats not being available until after Kansas.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The reason for the dropoff is because the UCFAA made a very bad error.

The donation levels and ticket prices were raised too high too quickly.  They also increased the number of donation sections.  With the economy in a sorry state, people pulled back on discretionary income.  As a result, revenue might have gone up, but sales have gone down.

FSU and USF are practically giving away tickets to fill up the I-AA games.  UCF should be following suit, but the brass has decided to give 2 for 1 deals and pricey sideline seats.

The loyal UCF fans on the Rivals board has been blasting UCFAA for their poor strategy.

Very reasonable response Dawg. We still will make fun, but I respect your honesty  ;D

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

UCF jacked up donation requirements in some sections as high as 3x.

Are those the side-line seats going for $65 now?

Just kidding - seriously I think UCF will do well with ticket sales this year.  Having an on-campus stadium will certainly help getting more and more students to attend, which will ultimatly result in more and more season ticket holders.  UCF and USF are both fortunate in that many of our graduates work very near their school after graduation.  THat makes it much more likely that graduating students will purchase season tickets.

• Content Count:  130

UCF also made a scheduling mistake (I know, sometimes you get what you can get) by having both bye weeks the exact same time as Florida's bye weeks.

So local Gator fans who may want to attend one or two games locally have no clear weekends when they can do so.

If I want to attend a UCF game and have no conflict with a UF game, my only choice this season is the ECU game since it's on a Sunday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

UCF also made a scheduling mistake (I know, sometimes you get what you can get) by having both bye weeks the exact same time as Florida's bye weeks.

So local Gator fans who may want to attend one or two games locally have no clear weekends when they can do so.

If I want to attend a UCF game and have no conflict with a UF game, my only choice this season is the ECU game since it's on a Sunday.

I understand what you're saying but t would sure rub me the wrong way if I found out that USF was basing their schedule on other in state teams home schedule ...

• Content Count:  2,239

UCF does not dictate bye weeks during conference play.

t

If a UF fan wants to come and not miss a Gay-Turd game, go during an away game.

UCF, like any other school with self respect would NEVER base their schedule on FU's.

I understand what you're saying but t would sure rub me the wrong way if I found out that USF was basing their schedule on other in state teams home schedule ...

Fair statement... but it's still a factor and I speak from personal experience.

UCF does not dictate bye weeks during conference play.

My apologies. In the SEC, we do have a lot of control over when our bye weeks fall during the formation of our schedule. I figured UCF did as well.

If a UF fan wants to come and not miss a Gay-Turd game, go during an away game.

Thanks for keeping this civil. And I wasn't just talking about home vs. away games. A Gator game on TV will draw attendance away from UCF as well.

UCF, like any other school with self respect would NEVER base their schedule on FU's.

You do what you've got to do. If your concept of "self respect" means that you don't carefully plan out your schedule to hit the local market better for day of sales, so be it.

I'm just telling you one reason that sales could be affected this year.

Archived