• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF only sells 20,700 Season Tix - Down 4.5%

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The reason for the dropoff is because the UCFAA made a very bad error.

The donation levels and ticket prices were raised too high too quickly.  They also increased the number of donation sections.  With the economy in a sorry state, people pulled back on discretionary income.  As a result, revenue might have gone up, but sales have gone down.

FSU and USF are practically giving away tickets to fill up the I-AA games.  UCF should be following suit, but the brass has decided to give 2 for 1 deals and pricey sideline seats.

The loyal UCF fans on the Rivals board has been blasting UCFAA for their poor strategy.

That has nothing to do with season ticket sales.

How do you explain the economy not effecting the USF numbers the same as UCF?  Or are they and we would have sold 34K in a Bull market?

UCF sold season tickets last year because of the shiny new stadium.  Well, it's luster has worn off and not even a conference championship held peoples excitement.  The end of the season prize for winning CUSA is worse than coming in 5th in the BEast.  There's absolutely no luster in the conference. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The donation levels and ticket prices were raised too high too quickly.  They also increased the number of donation sections.  With the economy in a sorry state, people pulled back on discretionary income.  As a result, revenue might have gone up, but sales have gone down.

FSU and USF are practically giving away tickets to fill up the I-AA games.  UCF should be following suit, but the brass has decided to give 2 for 1 deals and pricey sideline seats.

The loyal UCF fans on the Rivals board has been blasting UCFAA for their poor strategy.

How do you explain the economy not effecting the USF numbers the same as UCF?  Or are they and we would have sold 34K in a Bull market?

UCF sold season tickets last year because of the shiny new stadium.  Well, it's luster has worn off and not even a conference championship held peoples excitement.  The end of the season prize for winning CUSA is worse than coming in 5th in the BEast.  There's absolutely no luster in the conference. 

The bolded area has plenty to do with season ticket sales.  The other ticket comment was in contrast to how UCFAA is handling it.  Fans are not very happy with their bad move.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

I agree, I don't know why UCF did this. I think the individual tickets are overpriced.....$37 w/o fees for SC State if you don't know the promotion code...that's ridiculous, I could buy a scalped a Bucs ticket for that same price. Single game tickets should be at $25. I think having a packed house every week should be the goal for the UCFAA.

What is the per game ticket price for season ticket holders? Shouldn't the single game ticket prices located in donor sections be at least a little higher than what the donors are paying per game? I'm not even sure if USF does that, though.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The bolded area has plenty to do with season ticket sales.  The other ticket comment was in contrast to how UCFAA is handling it.  Fans are not very happy with their bad move.

Definitely agree that it may have not been the best move, but that hasn't affected USF as season ticket sales and donations have increased.

Do you think holding back the USF game for sale for so long is not a wise move as well??

Shouldn't the single game ticket prices located in donor sections be at least a little higher than what the donors are paying per game? I'm not even sure if USF does that, though.

Since USF's individual tickets are 300 level only I don't think that would matter now.

It will be interesting to see what they do when the upper level is open to sell season tickets.

• Content Count:  4,016

No offense Dawg, but your making excuses and dancing around the fact that UCF does not have the donor base that they represented last year.  The luster of the new stadium, the Texas home opener, it all played into a boost in attendance, but I think UCF is dropping back down to what is normally expected of them...I also believe i fyou have a sub-par year this year then your ticket totals will drop into the middle teens-- more commensurate with UCF base.  This would be the year for UCF to get that proverbial jump but it hasn't happened.  But I would agree, knowing the true size of your donor base UCFAA sounds like they got to aggressive to fast.

USF has robust donor levels, and all have grown.  I understood Iron Bulls is now up to 91, it's highest had been 101 in the very early spring after a huge run-up last season but the economy knocked a few down a donor level notch, and those people all donation $10,000 or more...

I understood Iron Bulls is now up to 91, it's highest had been 101 in the very early spring after a huge run-up last season but the economy knocked a few down a donor level notch, and those people all donation $10,000 or more...

You might want to ask Eric Soncrant about that. I find it hard to believe we lost that many Iron Bulls, if any.

• Content Count:  4,642

i thought that everyone in the region wanted to be at UCF's amazing, gameday atmosphere?  is the drop in demand because of poor post-graduation salaries?

• Content Count:  4,016

I understood Iron Bulls is now up to 91, it's highest had been 101 in the very early spring after a huge run-up last season but the economy knocked a few down a donor level notch, and those people all donation $10,000 or more...

You might want to ask Eric Soncrant about that. I find it hard to believe we lost that many Iron Bulls, if any.

Spoke to Joe Tomaino today.  I have a few friends that are Iron Bulls, and one backed away for a year or two for reasons i will not discuss.

• Content Count:  2,239

The economy is hurting.  Plenty of people would rather be fed than season tickets and that's understandable.

UCF jacked up donation requirements in some sections as high as 3x.

This where the lack of BCS hurts.  The schedule isn't all that impressive(to me) and I guarantee that is hurting sales.

Archived