• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF only sells 20,700 Season Tix - Down 4.5%

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

It seems that at the Pizza Bowl, we only had 12 Iron BULLS ... lots has happened the past 2 seasons.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

You do what you've got to do. If your concept of "self respect" means that you don't carefully plan out your schedule to hit the local market better for day of sales, so be it.

I'm not sure if it includes planning schedules to take advantage of local markets... But I'm pretty sure it involves getting obliterated 64-12 by USF.

Hey, I just found this... Strange...

Isaiah 64:12

Will You restrain Yourself at these things, O LORD? Will You keep silent and afflict us beyond measure?

Better get on your knees and pray UCiF... Week two comes really quick.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The mere fact that they're having issues with selling out the game vs USF says much...

• Content Count:  711

The mere fact that they're having issues with selling out the game vs USF says much...

1.) They're not having trouble selling out this game...it's practically sold out.  They have a deal for season ticket holders only to buy any extra single tickets that pop up.

2.)  Texas never bought 5k season tickets...where did you get that from?  They were alloted 5k and if they wanted anymore...they had to buy season tickets to see the game.  UCF sold out more than just the Texas game last year and actually had higher attendance for the Marshall.

3.)  The UCFAA really pissed off a lot of fans this year by hiking prices to home games.  Season ticket prices rose 3x and donor sections got moved into regular sections where those fans were forced to move or donate.  Not good IMO.  Now they're selling single tickets between $45-$65 dollars...which is unheard of not only at UCF....but in most college football stadiums, period.  I think UCF needed to keep the tickets cheap in order to bring in casual fans to fill the place and turn the casual fan into big fans as time goes on.  UCF used to be a nice cheap day out....now they're asking for major $$$ and people just aren't going to pay those prices for non-BCS school....and even some BCS schools.

4.)  The new stadium was the lure for the first game...but as UCF started winning...fans still came back and enjoyed not just the stadium...but watching 24k and good football.  Now...there's no 24k and a lot of question marks on the team.  So there's was a bit of a drop off. 

5.)  UCF only fell 1000 less in sales than last year.  I explained the reasons above for a lot of it...now it's just wait and see.  The USF game will be a sellout and so will other this season if UCF shows it's competitive.

6.)  On to USF fans...congrats on your 7K rise.  It wouldn't have anything to do with a pre-season top 25 ranking or an exciting hopeful first half of last season...or the BCS tag or anything.....I'm sure all Bull fans are just that loyal and die hard.  Yeah right.  Do you think USF would have 20k in season tickets in CUSA??  Nope.  And you play in the Ray Jay!!  Right?? 

7.)  20,700 in season tickets is still double of what we had two years ago and we will fill that place more than once this season.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 64:12

Will You restrain Yourself at these things, O LORD? Will You keep silent and afflict us beyond measure?

Sounds like USF's approach to this game. Let the scoreboard do the talking.

• Content Count:  2,239

UCF does not dictate bye weeks during conference play.

My apologies. In the SEC, we do have a lot of control over when our bye weeks fall during the formation of our schedule. I figured UCF did as well.

If a UF fan wants to come and not miss a Gay-Turd game, go during an away game.

Thanks for keeping this civil. And I wasn't just talking about home vs. away games. A Gator game on TV will draw attendance away from UCF as well.

UCF, like any other school with self respect would NEVER base their schedule on FU's.

You do what you've got to do. If your concept of "self respect" means that you don't carefully plan out your schedule to hit the local market better for day of sales, so be it.

I'm just telling you one reason that sales could be affected this year.

Forgive me for the pot shot at Florida.  Their fan base for the most part are extremely arrogant and irritating.

I would think less of UCF or any other Florida school if they catered their schedule for another school like that.  NO school deserves that kind of treatment.  U of F is not god's gift to college football.

And even if UCF does have control of conference scheduling, you do what's in your team's interest, not in the interest of fair weather fans who are not putting your school at the top of the list.  I can guarantee you that Bulls fans here would rather have less fans if they were real Bull fans instead of a few more fans with primary allegiances elsewhere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3.)  The UCFAA really pissed off a lot of fans this year by hiking prices to home games.  Season ticket prices rose 3x and donor sections got moved into regular sections where those fans were forced to move or donate.  Not good IMO.  Now they're selling single tickets between $45-$65 dollars...which is unheard of not only at UCF....but in most college football stadiums, period.

Honestly, Goldie, I find it pretty hard to believe that they tripled ticket prices in one year to season ticket holders and kicked people out of their seats if they weren't willing to donate ... all in just the second year of a new stadium .... BUT, if that is true, maybe the financial situation over there isn't quite as rosy as you all continued to make it out.

• Content Count:  2,461

Forgive me for the pot shot at Florida.  Their fan base for the most part are extremely arrogant and irritating.

I would think less of UCF or any other Florida school if they catered their schedule for another school like that.  NO school deserves that kind of treatment.  U of F is not god's gift to college football.

And even if UCF does have control of conference scheduling, you do what's in your team's interest, not in the interest of fair weather fans who are not putting your school at the top of the list.  I can guarantee you that Bulls fans here would rather have less fans if they were real Bull fans instead of a few more fans with primary allegiances elsewhere.

Sometimes, I find it hard to dislike you. Even given your UCiFer status.  ;D

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

6.)  On to USF fans...congrats on your 7K rise.  It wouldn't have anything to do with a pre-season top 25 ranking or an exciting hopeful first half of last season...or the BCS tag or anything.....I'm sure all Bull fans are just that loyal and die hard.  Yeah right.  Do you think USF would have 20k in season tickets in CUSA??  Nope.  And you play in the Ray Jay!!  Right??

Based on the fact that USF was well over last years season ticket totals BEFORE both polls came out I would say it didn't have anything to to with the rankings.

If this team builds off of last year, then there should be another significant jump in season ticket sales next year with WVU and Miami on the home schedule.

We porbably would have sold 20,000 in C-USA, but thankfully we do not have to worry about that anymore.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You don't need forgiveness there Dawg. You are 100% accurate in your assessment.

Archived