• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Term "Bandwagon"

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line...some Bandwagon fans (newbies) end up being long-time diehard fans....so while some "Bandwagon Fans" might fall off the wagon during tough times...the number of "diehard fans" usually goes UP in the long-run due to some Bandwagon fans.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241

its obvious we just need to redefine the term bandwagon. Or just start determing the difference between rookies and bandwagoners.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

"Bandwagoners",  "Noobs" ,  "Cherrys" ,  USF Virgins of all types, Come one, Come all...  The party's just gettin started.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

"Bandwagoners",  "Noobs" ,  "Cherrys" ,  USF Virgins of all types, Come one, Come all...  The party's just gettin started.

How extremely f*ing sensitive of you.

That's right, the last thing we want to

do is damage some fresh off the boat,

FNG's self esteem.

If you survive this season, if you leave

my stadium, you will become a minister

of defense, praying for injury time outs.

Until then you are unorganized pieces

of redshirt grab-asstic bandwagoners.

Do you under-f*ing-stand me!?

ermey.jpg

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Would we call them bandwagon if USF didn't see the success they saw last year but had the same increase in fans? No.

All I am saying is that we used always complain about fans not showing up and now they ARE showing up. We should be encouraging them to stay and/or attend more. Not label them and make them secondary citizens of Bulls Nation just because they didn't attend Homecoming against Army or weren't around 10 years ago.

It wasn't just the 30,000 fans at the WV game making noise. It was everyone that has been around for 10 years as well as the newest fans making noise.

I don't want to place people into little groups. If you are a FAN you are a FAN. And that is all I need to know.

Thats fine, just don't get mad when us old timers refer to some as bandwagon types.  I'm all for newer fans by the thousands but the ones that were here from day 1 should be able to bust their chops every now and then...........thats all I'm saying.

• Content Count:  51

Most true "bandwagoners" that you can spot at a game are the one's that are there for ride but have no idea where they are being taken.

To elaborate, they fill the seat, they bought the ticket, they may have a $15 USF shirt on and they have a $5 coke in their hand. They make a little noise when a spectacular play has unfolded. And sometimes they just might standup and throw some hand signs up for our Bulls. Other than that a majority of these "bandwagoners" can ID a USF player by their number or name the starting lineup. They are just there to watch a good football game and go home.

A new fan you can spot right away also, they are excited. They are not afraid to make some noise. They begin to bullieve in the Bulls. And soon green and gold blood cells develop in their blood stream. This is magic in the making.

In the end, there are two special categories for these "newbies".

However, let us not display "old timer syndrome" guys. I.e. when I started following the Bulls you were 10 years old, haha! This is obnoxious and retarded. I am not at all defensive over being called a newbie if I have only been a fan for the past 4 years compared to some of you almighty 10 year followers. Whoopi do. Congratulations almighty 10 year followers. But I can promise you that I can cheer for this team with the best of any 10 year followers you got.

So get over your "old timer syndrome" we are both at RJS for the same cause. To support this team through thick and then. The bandwagoners will be bandwagoners, they are just there for the ride. Most of them have no clue about the sport of football or the appreciation for the game anyways. Therefore there should be no satisfaction in calling them out. Personally I get more satisfaction by calling about a moron wearing a Louisville shirt or a WV jersey in my section than spotting a bandwagoner and making them feel like crap for being such a flip-flopper all their life.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Most true "bandwagoners" that you can spot at a game are the one's that are there for ride but have no idea where they are being taken.

To elaborate, they fill the seat, they bought the ticket, they may have a $15 USF shirt on and they have a $5 coke in their hand. They make a little noise when a spectacular play has unfolded. And sometimes they just might standup and throw some hand signs up for our Bulls. Other than that a majority of these "bandwagoners" can ID a USF player by their number or name the starting lineup. They are just there to watch a good football game and go home.

A new fan you can spot right away also, they are excited. They are not afraid to make some noise. They begin to bullieve in the Bulls. And soon green and gold blood cells develop in their blood stream. This is magic in the making.

In the end, there are two special categories for these "newbies".

However, let us not display "old timer syndrome" guys. I.e. when I started following the Bulls you were 10 years old, haha! This is obnoxious and retarded. I am not at all defensive over being called a newbie if I have only been a fan for the past 4 years compared to some of you almighty 10 year followers. Whoopi do. Congratulations almighty 10 year followers. But I can promise you that I can cheer for this team with the best of any 10 year followers you got.

So get over your "old timer syndrome" we are both at RJS for the same cause. To support this team through thick and then. The bandwagoners will be bandwagoners, they are just there for the ride. Most of them have no clue about the sport of football or the appreciation for the game anyways. Therefore there should be no satisfaction in calling them out. Personally I get more satisfaction by calling about a moron wearing a Louisville shirt or a WV jersey in my section than spotting a bandwagoner and making them feel like crap for being such a flip-flopper all their life.

Do you need a tissue newbie?  Geez, lighten up.  Do you really think that us old timers really care about this stuff?  Just something to talk about prior to the kickof of '08.  I'll try to be more PC in the future...........

• Content Count:  51

Do you need a tissue newbie?  Geez, lighten up.  Do you really think that us old timers really care about this stuff?  Just something to talk about prior to the kickof of '08.  I'll try to be more PC in the future...........

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Aha. Pardon me as I am in fact a "newbie".  ;D

• Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe the band could trap some new fans at the game and pull them around in a wagon!

How's that? I used all four words!

GO BULLS!

Archived