• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Term "Bandwagon"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

...you will have to submit the application to the committee.  i hear that if you send in pictures wearing some gear before the new logo came out then it improves you chances.  if you remember blackwell throwing TD passes and Hugh W. blocking FGs then you got a pretty good chance have getting some "cred"

And don't screw up the word association section. The term 'monsoon' is there for a reason. :satan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

not to be confuzed with frontrunner and fair weather fans lol

There's no such thing as a "frontrunner' fan ...... unless some fans are having a race.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

There's no such thing as a "frontrunner' fan ...... unless some fans are having a race.

Not to Jimmy Rollins...........

Not to Jimmy Rollins...........

LOL.... That's funny because it was Philly fans who were the biggest culprits of misusing that word back during the Bucs SB run.

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

OK...you will note the number of posts to the left: 1...first time, please be gentle.

Long time lurker here...but this topic makes me want to chime in.  And it is really slow at work today.

Graduated in '93 (before we had a team) as a hardcore Canes fan (I'm from Coral Gables and lived there during the Miami glory years)...adopted the Bulls as my "second team" once they started playing I-AA...promoted them to my "co-favorite team" when they made the jump to I-A and upset Pitt in...was that '01?  I still have the clipping from our local newspaper...Canes became my #2 when it was obvious who I was rooting for when we played them in...'06?  Last year, I realized that I was not really a Canes fan at all when, while watching the Bulls beat the pi$$ out of UCF at an alumni association watching party, I found myself hoping the Canes would lose to Georgia Tech at the same time as it would help our in-state recruiting...so, yes, as my Gator and Nole friends are very quick to tell me in a disparaging tone, I am a classic frontrunner bandwagon fan...but they can kiss my a$$. 

That is all.

• Content Count:  51

OK...you will note the number of posts to the left: 1...first time, please be gentle.

Long time lurker here...but this topic makes me want to chime in.  And it is really slow at work today.

Graduated in '93 (before we had a team) as a hardcore Canes fan (I'm from Coral Gables and lived there during the Miami glory years)...adopted the Bulls as my "second team" once they started playing I-AA...promoted them to my "co-favorite team" when they made the jump to I-A and upset Pitt in...was that '01?  I still have the clipping from our local newspaper...Canes became my #2 when it was obvious who I was rooting for when we played them in...'06?  Last year, I realized that I was not really a Canes fan at all when, while watching the Bulls beat the pi$$ out of UCF at an alumni association watching party, I found myself hoping the Canes would lose to Georgia Tech at the same time as it would help our in-state recruiting...so, yes, as my Gator and Nole friends are very quick to tell me in a disparaging tone, I am a classic frontrunner bandwagon fan...but they can kiss my a$$. 

That is all.

See I myself would not consider that to be frontrunner bandwagon material. For one, you have ties to USF (you paid you tuiton to the school). For two, you still have a newspaper clipping from a USF game played back in '01. For three, you are involved with the alumni association.

• Content Count:  6

...and I ensure that whatever amount we contribute to Florida (my wife is a Gator), I slip a little more in our USF envelope.

But my point was that- someitmes it's a process...I am sure there are a lot of folks like me who had to shed the baggage of other affiliations before they could fully embrace the Bulls...and a conference championship and a bowl victory this year would bring a whole bunch more of those folks into the fold.  Everyone should be welcome on board without the stigma of the bandwagon label. 

I am a classic frontrunner bandwagon fan...

My new mission in life is to make sure that every Bulls fan understands the correct usage of the word "frontrunner" .....

front runner

–noun

1. a person who leads in any competition. 

2. an entrant in a race who breaks to the front immediately and establishes the pace for the field. 

3. an entrant in a race who performs well only when ahead of the field. 

Archived