• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another UCF player leaves the program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Tice never should have been there to begin with.  He isn't a I-A level QB, and O'Leary should never have offered him a schollie.  This is what happens when the coach gives out schollies to personal friends...

That's right, this is Mike Tice's kid. Best of luck to him.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Who (QB) played against USF last year?  He graduated, right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

I think Israel (graduated) and Greco (probable starter this year) played last year ...

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I think Israel (graduated) and Greco (probable starter this year) played last year ...

Did Greco get serious time against us or mop up duty after the game was out of reach?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

Did Greco get serious time against us or mop up duty after the game was out of reach?

Was there any serious time against us last year?  ;)

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I checked the game on my DVR (I haven't gotten around to cutting out the commercials and burning it to a DVD yet). Greco didn't come in until the end of the third quarter. He also played a series in the second quarter when Israel was either hurt or really sucking hard.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I checked the game on my DVR (I haven't gotten around to cutting out the commercials and burning it to a DVD yet). Greco didn't come in until the end of the third quarter. He also played a series in the second quarter when Israel was either hurt or really sucking hard.

actually Greco began playing at the start of the 2nd quarter, after we went up 19-7.  He even drove them down, sort of, for the FG.  In fact, Israel didn't even come back in until the last series of the 2nd quarter, and that was even rotated with Greco.  Then in the 3rd quarter isreal and Greco rotated series.

We've seen lots of Greco, our starters saw him to start the 2nd quarter.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I find it funny that UCFers have so much faith in Greco and tout him as so athletic and versatile, and yet Kyle "Legs of Stone" Israel beat him out consistently for the starting job last year.

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

I've lost count but UCiF has seen some more churn and turnover on their roster the last 6 months.

Redshirt freshman QB Nate Tice to leave UCF

UCF Coach George O'Leary announced today redshirt freshman quarterback Nate Tice is leaving the program.

"Nate Tice has decided to transfer from our program here at UCF in order to find an opportunity where he will receive more playing time," O'Leary said in a statement released by the university.

Tice is from Edina, Minn. He had a solid run during spring football, but true freshman Rob Calabrese appeared to jump ahead of Tice on the depth chart for the third-string quarterback slot during fall camp. Junior Michael Greco is the frontrunner for the starting quarterback job, while redshirt freshman Joe Weatherford is the likely backup. O'Leary said following this morning's practice he didn't want to discuss the starting quarterback job again with the media until he announces his decision, which will likely be Sunday or Monday.

no surprise

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I think everyone on both teams played in that game. Hell CJL could have brough people out of the stands and UCF still would not have caught up.

Archived