• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #21 in USA Today Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Isn't there a website that shows how the coaches vote each week? I'm curious to see where Leavitt is gauging our team right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't there a website that shows how the coaches vote each week? I'm curious to see where Leavitt is gauging our team right now.

i believe its only the final standings

No. The coaches' votes on the final poll are released. All other votes are kept secret - although some coaches voluntarily release their ballot.

• Content Count:  1,757

It's horrible that the lack of respect we get, how is michigan and fresno in the top 25, We were 10-3 last year, i know we lost mauk but come on coaches!

Any word on his last-ditch appeal to the NCAA? 

• Content Count:  1,757

While I like being the underdog, I think it keeps us off the radar a little, I am glad we are starting top 25. 

Now to show we belong we cannot crumble for 3 games and a bowl game.  We need to represent the BEAST well.  I'd like to see  us come in first or second Beast, win our bowl game, and worst case only drop maybe two games during the season (I'm thinking Kansas and WVU if we have to lose any).  

Then we will have a successful season and end in the Top 25.  It is more important where we end, rather than where we begin...

To be honest I'm more worried about Cincy than either Kansas or WVU.  I don't think Kansas will come into Ray Jay and do anything spectacular.  Reviewing the UNC footage I noticed the upper bowl was EMPTY.  It's going to be a hostile atmosphere for that game.  I think the teams are evenly matched, but home field should pull us through.

We've had WVU's number, and Cincy's had ours.  It'll be a good season!

Considering we go to Cincy 5 days after travelling to Louisville, I agree.  Even though we should be resting the starters in the 3rd/4th quarter against Looserville we have NEVER won a game @ Papa's Johnson stadium.

Cincy returns most of their defense.  However, loosing Mauk might end up being better for us than any other BE player that graduated / left.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

While I like being the underdog, I think it keeps us off the radar a little, I am glad we are starting top 25. 

Now to show we belong we cannot crumble for 3 games and a bowl game.  We need to represent the BEAST well.  I'd like to see  us come in first or second Beast, win our bowl game, and worst case only drop maybe two games during the season (I'm thinking Kansas and WVU if we have to lose any).  

Then we will have a successful season and end in the Top 25.  It is more important where we end, rather than where we begin...

To be honest I'm more worried about Cincy than either Kansas or WVU.  I don't think Kansas will come into Ray Jay and do anything spectacular.  Reviewing the UNC footage I noticed the upper bowl was EMPTY.  It's going to be a hostile atmosphere for that game.  I think the teams are evenly matched, but home field should pull us through.

Considering we go to Cincy 5 days after travelling to Louisville, I agree.  Even though we should be resting the starters in the 3rd/4th quarter against Looserville we have NEVER won a game @ Papa's Johnson stadium.

Cincy returns most of their defense.  However, loosing Mauk might end up being better for us than any other BE player that graduated / left.

TwillyBull, you beat me to this.  We've been crushed at Louisville in last 2 visits.  So there is no way we run away from them enough to rest anyone.  Then, depending on how the NCAA allows travel time during a semester, they may have to fly back down to Tampa Sat night/Sunday morning and then turn around and be on the road Wednesday.

The scheduling of the mid week games will cost USF at least 1 game this year.  The Cinci game will probably be one of them. 

• Content Count:  412

TwillyBull, you beat me to this.  We've been crushed at Louisville in last 2 visits.  So there is no way we run away from them enough to rest anyone.  Then, depending on how the NCAA allows travel time during a semester, they may have to fly back down to Tampa Sat night/Sunday morning and then turn around and be on the road Wednesday.

The scheduling of the mid week games will cost USF at least 1 game this year.  The Cinci game will probably be one of them. 

BUT, if we can perservere, I think it will do a lot to shed the inconsistency that has plagued us thus far.

C'mon, if SEC teams can play UF, UGA, LSU and Auburn in close proximity, we should be able to shrug off a short week and come out on all cylinders.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

BUT, if we can perservere, I think it will do a lot to shed the inconsistency that has plagued us thus far.

C'mon, if SEC teams can play UF, UGA, LSU and Auburn in close proximity, we should be able to shrug off a short week and come out on all cylinders.

But humans are creatures of habit.  The players will respond awkwardly to the irregular schedule.  Cincy will have the benefit as they are the home team.  That's why I think we'll hammer Pitt, but Cincy is going to be a tough win.  The national spotlight will make the crowd a huge factor.  I think this might be the lone loss of the season.

• Content Count:  3,403

I think that cincy game is the one I am the most scared of.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Well we had better get used to playing these short week games.  ESPN likes putting us on TV and we don't say no very often. 

Archived