• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #21 in USA Today Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Am I the only one who is fearful of dropping a game or two that we should have clearly won? Isn't that one of our trademarks?

See: the text in my signature.

Pitt and Cincy scare me. Both short weeks. Both on Thurs night. Both on ESPN.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

Cincy and rutgers will always make me cringe after the last 2 years.

• Content Count:  2,461

It's horrible that the lack of respect we get, how is michigan and fresno in the top 25, We were 10-3 last year, i know we lost mauk but come on coaches!

I wouldn't worry about it cat... Just look at how much respect USF is getting now as compared to a few years ago. We were in the same position. Cinci will get their respect--just keep do'n what you are do'n. The Big East is getting stronger every season. Hopefully, this will be a good one!

*Well, not exactly the same... But you get my point.

• Content Count:  993

Ray Rice and Matt Mauk are gone... Good news for us because those guys always gave us trouble. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that LeSean McCoy might give us headaches with the short week after NC State....  :-\

Last year I don't think Ben Mauk forced our offense to turn the ball over 8 times...  I'm afraid of Cincy's Defense.  They're not even replacing Mauk with a new guy.  I think Grutza is a Redshirt Jr. or Senior who has played well in the past.

Grutza was the starter when they beat us in 06.  Didn't tear it up but was efficient.

Cincy was a good team last year.  They deserve to be ranked. All three of their losses were one score games.

• Content Count:  1,894

Lol I like our chances with a cincy team without Mauk. I welcome Grutza with open arms because Mauk scares me. That defense scares me. They fly all over the field.

Someone said WVU AND KU might be the only ranked teams we play. That might not be true if Uconn win's and Pitt wins and Cincy wins their first couple games and another team loses they will be in. It is very possible many big east teams will be ranked until they play each other.

Next, lets think about the opportunity we have here. Let's say this is the most realistic poll out there for us and we do end up right around this slot then we beat KU. We will move up into their territory imediately. Now we have Wvu who if they handle business will be top 10, and if we handle our business will beat them and be top 10. Granted it is alot of wins in between but, It could set up perfectly for us.

Now if we beat Kansas which propels us to the top 15 and we win the rest of the way and then drop the wvu game depending on the ranking it could be 2 top 10 teams playing at this point we would not drop very far in the rankings.

This is alot of speculation but it is good speculation lol.....This season has the set up to be monumental. Last year seemed like our fairytale year but it wasn't UCANNT and CINCY shared the spotlight with great seasons. Now This is our year. If we can seperate this year there might not be any looking back.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ray Rice and Matt Mauk are gone... Good news for us because those guys always gave us trouble. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that LeSean McCoy might give us headaches with the short week after NC State....  :-\

Last year I don't think Ben Mauk forced our offense to turn the ball over 8 times...  I'm afraid of Cincy's Defense.  They're not even replacing Mauk with a new guy.  I think Grutza is a Redshirt Jr. or Senior who has played well in the past.

Grutza was the starter when they beat us in 06.  Didn't tear it up but was efficient.

Cincy was a good team last year.  They deserve to be ranked. All three of their losses were one score games.

They also beat us @Cincy in 2004 with Gino Guidugli who completed around 30 of 36 passes and looked like the best QB in the world. LOL

I expect, It's going to be a very tough game to win in Cincy, regardless of who they have playing QB.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Forget Mauk....I'm just glad this guy has moved on to the NFL.

38675542.jpg

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's horrible that the lack of respect we get, how is michigan and fresno in the top 25, We were 10-3 last year, i know we lost mauk but come on coaches!

I wouldn't worry about it cat... Just look at how much respect USF is getting now as compared to a few years ago. We were in the same position. Cinci will get their respect--just keep do'n what you are do'n. The Big East is getting stronger every season. Hopefully, this will be a good one!

*Well, not exactly the same... But you get my point.

You also have to take in consideration some coaches look at the team’s schedule.  If Cincy loses to Oklahoma that could hamper them from being ranked for most of the season.  And I don't think any of them are taking Cincy over Oklahoma.

Cincy has their coming out game this year.  It's up to them.

• Content Count:  1,532

I'm glad our play time with UCiF is almost over...

Glad to see made top 25... Let's stay in it this year!

• Content Count:  526

yea...it was krispy kreme o leary and another one of his C-usa flunkies.  i guess they figure they need to have their defending conference champ somewhere in the top 25 because they are in denial about just how bad that conference really is. 

i cant say i blame them though.  gotta have some confidence.  but i think the committee that selects these coaches that vote....should review prior voting experience and see that O'Leary is clearly a homer who votes only with his heart and not with his head.

Not necessarily.  The coaches poll is based on a point system where #25 is worth 1, #24 is worth 2, #23 is worth 3...and so on.  He could've been the lone voter by voting UCF in at #24. Or he and another coach could've voted them in at #25.  I wouldn't doubt if he was alone on this one but we'll never know for sure.

If you look at the #26 team, Alabama, there is no way they could've recieved 83 single votes since there are only 63 coaches voting. 

Archived