• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #21 in USA Today Coaches Poll

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Then we will have a successful season and end in the Top 25.  It is more important where we end, rather than where we begin...

i agree but from a exposure standpoint...the more weeks you spend in the top 25 the more people notice you.  when that little sports ticker is going along the bottom of the TV people mostly just pay attention to the scores from teams with a ranking next to their name.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

While I like being the underdog, I think it keeps us off the radar a little, I am glad we are starting top 25. 

Now to show we belong we cannot crumble for 3 games and a bowl game.  We need to represent the BEAST well.  I'd like to see  us come in first or second Beast, win our bowl game, and worst case only drop maybe two games during the season (I'm thinking Kansas and WVU if we have to lose any).  

Then we will have a successful season and end in the Top 25.  It is more important where we end, rather than where we begin...

To be honest I'm more worried about Cincy than either Kansas or WVU.  I don't think Kansas will come into Ray Jay and do anything spectacular.  Reviewing the UNC footage I noticed the upper bowl was EMPTY.  It's going to be a hostile atmosphere for that game.  I think the teams are evenly matched, but home field should pull us through.

We've had WVU's number, and Cincy's had ours.  It'll be a good season!

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

worst case only drop maybe two games during the season (I'm thinking Kansas and WVU if we have to lose any).

if we lose to BOTH Kansas and WVU, our season will be a joke, even if we win out the rest...

Kansas and WVU could be the only ranked teams we play all season.

at this point we should be at the level now that we can beat the tough teams and WALLOP the lesser teams.

if we lose to Kansas, we will not sniff the Top 10 the rest of the season UNLESS we win out and beat WVU [depending on how well WVU does].

• Content Count:  1,297

It's horrible that the lack of respect we get, how is michigan and fresno in the top 25, We were 10-3 last year, i know we lost mauk but come on coaches!

Don't worry, you will get there.  As long as the defense stays strong.  

I hate thinking about playing at Cincy this year.  UHHHGGG.

• Content Count:  412

Am I the only one who is fearful of dropping a game or two that we should have clearly won? Isn't that one of our trademarks?

• Content Count:  1,260

Ray Rice and Matt Mauk are gone... Good news for us because those guys always gave us trouble. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that LeSean McCoy might give us headaches with the short week after NC State....  :-\

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ray Rice and Matt Mauk are gone... Good news for us because those guys always gave us trouble. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that LeSean McCoy might give us headaches with the short week after NC State....  :-\

Pitt will be playing on a short week as well. In that case, the home team usually has the advantage. They are in the same position as we were at RU last year.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Last year I don't think Ben Mauk forced our offense to turn the ball over 8 times...  I'm afraid of Cincy's Defense.  They're not even replacing Mauk with a new guy.  I think Grutza is a Redshirt Jr. or Senior who has played well in the past.

Archived