• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New pro soccer team and stadium coming to Tampa....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

If this turns out to be true shouldn't USF be pushing to have them build it on campus.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/18/new-pro-soccer-team-form-tampa/?sports

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

first of all professional soccer sucks and will not make it here. second of all why would usf push them to build their stadium on campus? its a 6000 seat stadium. big deal. high school football stadiums are bigger

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I believe we do need a new soccer stadium.

• Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I agree it would be agood deal if it could be used by both the pro team and USF's soccer team. Add a couple of fields for practice so that there wouldnt be a problem in practicing and playing by both teams.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Nice idea, but I don't think the USF campus is the right place for a soccer stadium that would host a pro team. I think that thing ends up somewhere near a lot of families who have kids, like Brandon or Valrico or someplace.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The ASL people want to build the stadium in northwest Tampa.

The news comes a day after Hillsborough County Commissioners gave limited approval to building a $15 million soccer complex and stadium at a site yet to be determined. But Brock said there isn't necessarily a connection between the two announcements because her club's owners are looking to build their own stadium in northwest Tampa.

• Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

first of all professional soccer sucks and will not make it here. second of all why would usf push them to build their stadium on campus? its a 6000 seat stadium. big deal. high school football stadiums are bigger

Have you ever watched professional soccer in the English Premier League?  The sport moves fast and people get hurt at times much worse than American football.  Why is soccer the worlds most popular sport? Don't answer that question I know.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Have you ever watched professional soccer in the English Premier League?  The sport moves fast and people get hurt at times much worse than American football.  Why is soccer the worlds most popular sport? Don't answer that question I know.

I don't necessarily agree that professional soccer sucks, but he's dead on with it not making it here. Simply put, soccer is just not popular in America.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

They are looking at somewhere near the Veterans and Veterans and Waters has been discussed.  It will most likely be in that general vacinity or near Citrus Park area....

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I don't necessarily agree that professional soccer sucks, but he's dead on with it not making it here. Simply put, soccer is just not popular in America.

Add in the fact that the league thats coming is about as low on the pro soccer food chain that you can go and i would not be surprised if this failed in a few years.  Soccer is unwatchable if the players are of poor quality. 

Archived