• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball Clip 1996- reference to the "Death Row"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Jewbull,

Didnt you want to go to UF instead but couldnt get it?  Arent you a Penn State fan?????  You dont know a bigger fan!!!!!!  I know the other death row people are out there somewhere.  I see them once in a while.  Every time Chucky comes back to a game we laugh about that game and how huggins wanted to kill us in death row.  That is the game when I got kicked out for mooning nick van exel because he told me F-off

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115

Their are still a couple of us old Death Row folks lurking on this board.  We sure did cause alot of havoc in those days. By the way Mike was ok with us he was just responding from concerns from the conference.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I'd forgotten what a snazzy dresser Bobby P was.

Deathrow95 who are you?  I dont know about the Mike thing, he was the one who always came over and gave us sh--.  Do you remember the game when V-Tech's coach wanted to fight us after the game.  That was classic

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251

woah. I was in sixth grade then. I didnt even know USF existed... Ha, I didnt even know tampa existed back then.

got u beat i was in 4th grade haha.....and I was hoping for a last second shot too and it never came......i never knew cincy was good at basketball....

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

woah. I was in sixth grade then. I didnt even know USF existed... Ha, I didnt even know tampa existed back then.

got u beat i was in 4th grade haha.....and I was hoping for a last second shot too and it never came......i never knew cincy was good at basketball....

3rd grade, what now?

I say we bring back Death Row this year.

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726

3rd grade, what now?

I say we bring back Death Row this year.

As much as I would have liked to be in that video with "Death Row"....it turns out that I was in Middle School(in Ft Lauderdale)and knew nothing about USF.  However surprisingly, it still hurts me to see them lose like that.  Ugh!!!

"Death Row" in my honest opinion, was BACK for a handful of games last season.  Ask Syracuse, Rutgers and UCF about a Death Row-like fan presence...I'm sure they all felt it. ;)

If none of you believe me, then ask Sixty Six, or Bull Medic to see if I'm kidding.  I would consistently lose my voice for days just to make sure the other team knew where they stood.  lol

Regardless...I think Death Row SHOULD come back.  We had glimpses of it this year for sure.  It could be an offshoot of the Beef Studs or maybe they could pick up a couple of ringers(hecklers) for some games.  Who knows...I think there is alot of potential there.  The area behind the basket next to the Band is a PERFECT Area for heckling the other team.  They can hear you LOUD and CLEAR!  lol

In the spirit of heckling the crap out of opposing teams in the Sun Dome,

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

not even pre k here!  My dad brought this game up when we lost to cincy in football and there was a lot of people that thought there was a pass interference on the last play.

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738

i was one of the original members of death row and it will never be back.  the reason is that those seats are not allowed to be used any more by students.  it was the best, rowdy, and awesome student group ever.  we had coaches and even the conference commisoner come and talk to us.  he gave us free tickets to the tournament.  it will never happen again because simply the school got rid of us because we were making a bad name for the sun dome people.  mike lapan was basically the person who did not want us.  i have a videotape of all our highlights on tv and sportscenter and watch it once in a while for some big smiles

always in death row

brian jonas

upload it to youtube.

2nd.  Don;t deprive us who came after you of seeing death row

i was saying that it cant happen anymore because those seats are not available any more and security is totally different.  we had our own storage room for tombstones for all the teams we beat and we sat right behind the bench.  you have to sit there with megaphones and yell in peoples ear.  i dont want to offend anyone but i am a season ticket holder and student turn out is embarrassing for games.  there are 41,000 students and the student section is never full.  i remember sleeping our for bulls games so we had our seats there.  please dont call yourself death row it is an insult to everyone who put in the work to make it happen before.  the student sections now are a disgrace.  i hope it gets better

• Upvote 2