• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball Clip 1996- reference to the "Death Row"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t_sE5Mb8to

Sorry if this brings back any bad memories for anyone but I personally had never seen the clip. Cincy was ranked 4/5 in the national polls at the time. I only dream of the Sun Dome being as packed and rowdy as it was for that game. G Chucky Atkins can be seen in this clip wearing #12.

DEATH ROW will return one day but it will never be the same from what I hear.

For any B-ball fans, you will notice Tommy Tonelli on our bench. He was also Dir. of Basketball Ops during this time. Really neat that he is back with us after 12 years!

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251

thats a cool clip thanks for posting it!

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290

Yeah, I was there..  Atkins' current teammate Kenyon Martin was a freshman for Cinn.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I wish I had been around for those days.  Alas, I was but a freshman in high school then...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Brings back some memories ..... recognized Brian Lamb by his "knee-highs" and it looked like Louk was the PA announcer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  358

woah. I was in sixth grade then. I didnt even know USF existed... Ha, I didnt even know tampa existed back then.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42

i was one of the original members of death row and it will never be back.  the reason is that those seats are not allowed to be used any more by students.  it was the best, rowdy, and awesome student group ever.  we had coaches and even the conference commisoner come and talk to us.  he gave us free tickets to the tournament.  it will never happen again because simply the school got rid of us because we were making a bad name for the sun dome people.  mike lapan was basically the person who did not want us.  i have a videotape of all our highlights on tv and sportscenter and watch it once in a while for some big smiles

always in death row

brian jonas

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

i was one of the original members of death row and it will never be back.  the reason is that those seats are not allowed to be used any more by students.  it was the best, rowdy, and awesome student group ever.  we had coaches and even the conference commisoner come and talk to us.  he gave us free tickets to the tournament.  it will never happen again because simply the school got rid of us because we were making a bad name for the sun dome people.  mike lapan was basically the person who did not want us.  i have a videotape of all our highlights on tv and sportscenter and watch it once in a while for some big smiles

always in death row

brian jonas

Who are you?? I called the school's registrar office and they have no record that you even attended the university or graduated, can we get some real death row members to please speak on this topic.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  743

always in death row

brian jonas

upload it to youtube.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  760

You know your a true bulls fan when you see this clip from when you were 10 yrs old, and it hurts to watch us lose such a close game. I hadn't seen this before and I truly was waiting for the miracle shot with 1 sec left. And when it didnt come, it felt just as bad as any of our recent close losses lol