• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurpyhy is erroneously reporting McCarny to USA (corrected)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

In the race to be first, the casualties matter not...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I really don't think this will be that big of a loss, am I the only one?  McCarney was here for 1 season.  Sure he helped Selvie, but some of that credit has to go to George, and the players on that front line with him.  Someone else will come in and do just as well.

Good luck to Dan.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I really don't think this will be that big of a loss, am I the only one?  McCarney was here for 1 season.  Sure he helped Selvie, but some of that credit has to go to George, and the players on that front line with him.  Someone else will come in and do just as well.

Good luck to Dan.

Someone needs to change the title of this thread.

• Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Funny how South Alabama was going to wait until Thursday to announce anything but jack off reporters tried to make their own announcement.

Smazza - How can you really believe that is ethical and responsible reporting?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good luck to Dan.

Long before he was ever a head coach or even a DC, McCarney was considered one of the top DL coaches in the country.  He proved that again this past year.  He also has been terrific in recruiting.  Mix in the fact that he's about 15 youngers than Burnham, and I kinda hope he's still around to take over as DC someday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I hope he passes on the USA job-- I see it as beneath him, a demotion from the work he is doing now as well.

He can surely land a HC job at an established 1-A school in the future. This USA job is a ballbuster-- straight up. No offense to their school but it would harder than coming to USF and starting a program.

• Content Count:  2,523

I hope he passes on the USA job-- I see it as beneath him, a demotion from the work he is doing now as well.

He can surely land a HC job at an established 1-A school in the future. This USA job is a ballbuster-- straight up. No offense to their school but it would harder than coming to USF and starting a program.

EXACTLY.  No definitive word here in Mobile about this so we'll see...

• Content Count:  4,879

canales?

• Content Count:  4,016

Funny how South Alabama was going to wait until Thursday to announce anything but jack off reporters tried to make their own announcement.

Smazza - How can you really believe that is ethical and responsible reporting?

Funny, the report from BMM came from the B-Ham papers.  Those papers are notoriously big Bama supporters, I've got Auburn clients in B-Ham and they give me the business on that.  Funny how the B-Ham paper reports "Kevin Steele" backed out.  Saying it just before signing day when Bama has lots of recruits waiting in the wings.  Everyone knows USA, and UAB are satellite schools that are run by the UAT BOT.  Doesn't it sound a bit fishy, if Steele wants the job he gets it, that's how things work in Alabama ask UAB and how they got their new HC.  Sounds to me like a bit of dis-information circulated to try and not dissuade Bama recruits days before signing day when they're on the verge of signing the #1 class in the nation.

If Steele gets announced for the job next week then possibly someone in B-Ham purposely tried to circulate this tidbit to protect Bama.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Archived