• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bullspen NC State Hotel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

You can never plan too far in advance. I have reserved a room at the Ramada Inn Blue Ridge Road in Raleigh, NC for 9/26 through 9/28. The room is only $85/night. In order to get this rate, you must click on the link below, type in the dates of stay and then choose packages. When the package options come up, this rate is shown as "Meadwestvaco".

The best part is that it is only 1/2 of a mile from Carter-Finlay Stadium. We won't have to deal with gameday traffic and can easily and safely walk back to the hotel. This is the closest hotel to the stadium, with the next closest, a Comfort Suites that is 6/10ths of a mile away, but costs $192/night. I will periodically check the price and notify everyone if I see a cheaper price. The next closest hotel is 3 miles away from the stadium. Lets all stampede this hotel and make it full of Bulls!!!!!

P.S. - There is also free continental breakfast and an Applebee's and Damon's nearby. Below is the link for the hotel through Ramada's website. Remember, book directly through Ramada, as the travel websites usually do not allow for cancellations.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=00689&brandInfo=RA

P.P.S.- At the end of the reservation process, theis automated chat box opens and they offer you a $30 (at first it is only $20) mail-in rebate on your hotel stay. You just have to sign up for a free trial to some stupid Ramada Rewards Club (30 days, no risk). As soon as the package comes in with the mail-in rebate form, you  call and cancel the program with no cost to you. REMEMBER TO CANCEL, or they charge you $12/month. Then, after you stay, you mail back your receipt from your stay and they mail you a check for $30. You do not have to be enrolled in the club at the time of your stay to get the rebate. For a 5 minute call to cancel, it is worth it to save $30 bucks. Just thought I would give everyone the heads up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds great!  Thanks for the heads up!

• Content Count:  5,241

How far is the drive?

Can I get a ride someone?

• Content Count:  4,642

^^ you should check when they release the travel packages for the students/fans in florida

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I booked 4 rooms!

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I booked 4 rooms!

That is great. I hope we fill this hotel with Bulls before any of the NC State fans that travel in get a chance to jump on it. It is not very often that you get to go to an on campus stadium with a hotel less than 1/2 of a mile away.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I am in for one room!  Thanks for finding the hotel Brian!  T

• Content Count:  1,142

WOW!  Usually I'm the one planning for all of us, so it's nice to have someone else do it for a change.  Thanks!

I was about to make my reservation... then I noticed this:

Cancellation Policy

No cancellation allowed.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going... but there can be unforeseen circumstances as well.  So I think I will have to wait to book the room.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I was about to make my reservation... then I noticed this:

Cancellation Policy

No cancellation allowed.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going... but there can be unforeseen circumstances as well.  So I think I will have to wait to book the room.

Jim everything I see said within 24 hours of arrival I may cancel without penalty!  I do not know what you are looking at?

here is what I received, along with confirmation #

Reservation Confirmed

Thank you. Your room reservation has been confirmed. A confirmation has also been sent to (my email). If you need to cancel, you must do so before 6:00 PM on September 26, 2008 or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay.

Archived