• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bullspen NC State Hotel

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

I was about to make my reservation... then I noticed this:

Cancellation Policy

No cancellation allowed.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going... but there can be unforeseen circumstances as well.  So I think I will have to wait to book the room.

Jim everything I see said within 24 hours of arrival I may cancel without penalty!   I do not know what you are looking at?

here is what I received, along with confirmation #

Reservation Confirmed

Thank you. Your room reservation has been confirmed. A confirmation has also been sent to (my email). If you need to cancel, you must do so before 6:00 PM on September 26, 2008 or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay.

do they charge your card now?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I do not think that they charge your card. They just take your credit card number in order to hold the room for you. That way, if you do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, they can charge you.

I was about to make my reservation... then I noticed this:

Cancellation Policy

No cancellation allowed.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going... but there can be unforeseen circumstances as well.  So I think I will have to wait to book the room.

Jim everything I see said within 24 hours of arrival I may cancel without penalty!   I do not know what you are looking at?

here is what I received, along with confirmation #

Reservation Confirmed

Thank you. Your room reservation has been confirmed. A confirmation has also been sent to (my email). If you need to cancel, you must do so before 6:00 PM on September 26, 2008 or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay.

I am seeing what T-Man is seeing as well. Jim, where are you seeing no cancellation allowed? Here is what I see as far as cancellation policy goes:

"Cancellation Policy

If you need to cancel, you must do so before 6:00 PM on September 26, 2008 or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay. "

What I saw was on the page where you entered credit card and reservation information...

(Go through the process again and then look right above the "I agree to terms" section at the bottom)

What I saw was on the page where you entered credit card and reservation information...

(Go through the process again and then look right above the "I agree to terms" section at the bottom)

I have tried it on three separate occassions now and each time it is the same (cancel until 6 pm on Sept. 26). Are you trying the AAA discount? If you are, don't. The package price is less and obviously would have a different cancellation policy.

room booked, price went up to 95 though

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Pretty sure all hotels have to abide by Visa and Mastercard's policiies on Cancellations.  I used to work at Equifax Card Services and we dealt with this skind of stuff.  You normally have up until a day before the first day of your stay to cancel.  If you don't cancel, they can charge your card for a No Show. 

They also can only charge one night, even if you originally planned on staying for more nights.  If they don't follow these rules, the cardholder can dispute the transaction directly with their Card Issuing Bank.

**Friendly Service Reminder**

room booked, price went up to 95 though

Did you reserve it under Packages, Meadwestvaco?

nope that may have been the problem

Archived