• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bullspen NC State Hotel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

got my flights scheduled (arrive Saturday at 9am, flyout Sunday at 6:55am-- in time to get to the Bucs game)

more importantly-- no room to stay in (anyone got a floor for me?)

also-- if anyone can pick me up and drop me at the airport-- that would be great.

Southwest flight 2123 coming in (saturday 9:10am)

southwest flight 418 leaving (departs sunday 6:55am)

I would imagine that Kelly, Allie, Chris, and I would have no problem with you crashing on the floor. As far as the ride to and from the airport.....I don't know about that. You arrive at 9:10 am....so picking you up would depend on how hard we partied the night before, but I imagine it is do-able. The ride back to the airport NO WAY!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my flights scheduled (arrive Saturday at 9am, flyout Sunday at 6:55am-- in time to get to the Bucs game)

more importantly-- no room to stay in (anyone got a floor for me?)

also-- if anyone can pick me up and drop me at the airport-- that would be great.

Southwest flight 2123 coming in (saturday 9:10am)

southwest flight 418 leaving (departs sunday 6:55am)

I would imagine that Kelly, Allie, Chris, and I would have no problem with you crashing on the floor. As far as the ride to and from the airport.....I don't know about that. You arrive at 9:10 am....so picking you up would depend on how hard we partied the night before, but I imagine it is do-able. The ride back to the airport NO WAY!!!

T-Man said he can pick me up-- not sure who I can hang out with during the early part of the day Saturday. Then the tailgate-- whatever I can find is cool.

After teh game, I would want to grab a shower, get dressed and get someone to drop me off at the airport. I can wiat there for hours if need be. Or whatever. A cab may work. Only reason I am leaving that early is to be able to go to the Bucs tailgate/game on Sunday.

If T-Man is getting you, thats cool. We are staying at the Ramada, which is walking distance to the stadium. Our plan was to walk around the NC State tailgates and also chill at the hotel. Since it is only like a 1/2 mile to the stadium, it should be a good plan. Let me know if you'd rather have someone from my crew pick you up. I am not sure if any of us will be in the "frame of mind" to drive, if you know what I mean.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

You are better off renting a car for $15 a day then taking a cab, which will run at least $15-20 from the ramada to the airport.    Go to priceline and put in $12 a day as your first bid and see what happens.  If its not accepted, try $14 the next day. 

Guest nybullsfan

You are better off renting a car for $15 a day then taking a cab, which will run at least $15-20 from the ramada to the airport.    Go to priceline and put in $12 a day as your first bid and see what happens.  If its not accepted, try $14 the next day. 

one problem with that-- those rental car companies are only open at certain times in the morning. My flight out is 6:55am

I kind of doubt they will be able to take the car from me and get me back to the airport in a timeley fashion. It's either shuttle/cab early in the am or getting dropped off several hours ahead of time.

I'm at the Ramada and have a double room with just me. You're welcome to crash on the other bed for free, but you're on your own for transport. I'm sleeping in! 

:Asleep

• Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  0

aren't the rental car places at the airport opened really early/really late..... i think they only close for 3 or 4 hours

example:

alamo at rdu

Hours of Operation:

Sun-Sat: 12:00 am 12:30 am

Sun-Sat: 04:30 am 11:59 pm

aren't the rental car places at the airport opened really early/really late..... i think they only close for 3 or 4 hours

example:

alamo at rdu

Hours of Operation:

if that is true-- I will definitely get a car. The one thing I worry about is if the shuttles to the airport are running

i'm pretty sure that if they're open, they'll have shuttles running...you should just give the places a call and ask them

http://www.rdu.com/groundtrans/rentalcars.htm

fyi:   

Taxi Service

RDU Airport Taxi Service is operated by RDU Taxi, Inc. through an agreement with the Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority. RDU Airport Taxi provides service to and from RDU. To schedule a taxi, please call (919) 840-7277. Reservations and on-demand service are available.

I rented a car at the RDU airport in May, and it is pretty easy.  You go out of the terminal, jump on a bus, and ride about 5 minutes to the rental car places.  Returning the car is even easier, drive up, they scan it, there is a bus waiting, you hop on, and it takes you right to curbside.  If the rental car company is open, so is the shuttles as there is no other way for people to get to the terminal.  In fact, the shuttles at RDU belong to each rental car company, so of course they will be running if the rental office is open.

example:

alamo at rdu

Hours of Operation:

I reserved a car with Alamo--- mid size-- about 34 bucks total. Might as well have something as a back up to sleep in... heh

G-Spot, we told you that you could crash with us. I would also be willing to pick you up on Saturday morning. So, your only issue would be a ride to the airport on Sunday morning. I do not know how much a cab ride from the hotel is, but I couldn't imagine it being more than $20. If you change your mind, let us know.

example:

alamo at rdu

Hours of Operation:

I reserved a car with Alamo--- mid size-- about 34 bucks total. Might as well have something as a back up to sleep in... heh

G-Spot, we told you that you could crash with us. I would also be willing to pick you up on Saturday morning. So, your only issue would be a ride to the airport on Sunday morning. I do not know how much a cab ride from the hotel is, but I couldn't imagine it being more than $20. If you change your mind, let us know.

i'm thinking that his cab ride would be about $20....but i'd much rather have a rental car...it's only about $15 extra...not bad

Never book a rental car through the agency.  I always book trhough Priceline and it is amazing how cheap you can get a car for by entering your own price.  its always from a major rental company, so you can't go wrong, like you might with a hotel or airline trip with priceline. 

Archived