• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt quote - don't judge us on 30 minutes of play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

Quote from the El Paso Times from Jim Leavitt

"I'm  proud of my football team," Leavitt said. "When you lose like that, you've got to be careful (not) to define your team by 30 minutes of football, and that's something that I think is very, very important".

Gee, maybe's that's our problem, somebody forgot to tell coach that football games are 60 minutes long. And yes, you do have to play all 60 minutes and that is how your team is judged.

That game yesterday showed a total lack of character and discipline from our team. And the ultimate blame goes back to the coaches not having this team prepared to play.

Leavitt needs to apologize to all those USF fans who spent their hard earned dollars to go to El Paso and who were expecting their team to play for 60 minutes.

Leavitt's proud of the team  ???  My guess is he's the only person that is  :'(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,341
  • Days Won:  10

We got beat bad and we were not prepared for this team as they were prepared for us.  Sad but true.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Try to keep it in context of when it was said. IIRC the quote was similar to the one he said on the radio after the game. Your ranked and favored team just got destroyed in the second half. This is your first major bowl (welll... bigger than pizza).... what the hell was he supposed to say? You guys are looking for answers that don't exist....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

Quote from the El Paso Times from Jim Leavitt

"I'm  proud of my football team," Leavitt said. "When you lose like that, you've got to be careful (not) to define your team by 30 minutes of football, and that's something that I think is very, very important".

Gee, maybe's that's our problem, somebody forgot to tell coach that football games are 60 minutes long. And yes, you do have to play all 60 minutes and that is how your team is judged.

That game yesterday showed a total lack of character and discipline from our team. And the ultimate blame goes back to the coaches not having this team prepared to play.

Leavitt needs to apologize to all those USF fans who spent their hard earned dollars to go to El Paso and who were expecting their team to play for 60 minutes.

Leavitt's proud of the team  ???  My guess is he's the only person that is  :'(

I'm proud of this team.  I am not proud of their performance yesterday.  Two different things.  CJL understands that.  I understand that.  I think you missed his meaning.  Or your pride is a game to game thing.  Whichever...

• Content Count:  2,461

I'm proud of this team.  I am not proud of their performance yesterday.  Two different things.  CJL understands that.  I understand that.  I think you missed his meaning.  Or your pride is a game to game thing.  Whichever...

I agree - you can still be proud of a team that loses a game.

My flag is still flying on my patio.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I agree - you can still be proud of a team that loses a game.

im proud of what the team has accomplished over the season, and over the course of the program.

but im NOT proud of the team's performance yeserday.

it wasnt about just "losing."  it was about getting completely obliterated with some terrible effort by the players, terrible playcalling and preparation from the coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

I'm proud of what this team & our fans accomplished in 2007.

Anyone who thinks the 2nd half represents this team, that must have been the first game they've seen.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  5,241

Guys: Leavitt always says he's proud of the team and we are always facing an awfully good opponent.

What he says to the team in the locker room with no media is a different story.

• Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

Yeah don't define them ONLY on those 30 minutes but you definitely have to include that 30 minutes and remember that the story of this season ends on that 30 minutes.  Bad taste in mouth.

Archived