• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt quote - don't judge us on 30 minutes of play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Anyone who thinks the 2nd half represents this team, that must have been the first game they've seen.

unfortunately for much of the west coast it probably was

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

Try to keep it in context of when it was said. IIRC the quote was similar to the one he said on the radio after the game. Your ranked and favored team just got destroyed in the second half. This is your first major bowl (welll... bigger than pizza).... what the hell was he supposed to say? You guys are looking for answers that don't exist....

I am looking for "I am disappointed. We did not play up to expectations. The team was flat and unprepared and that falls back on me. We will review our preparation plans and make adjustments for future bowl games. Our fans who travelled with this team to this game deserve better than we displayed today."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Try to keep it in context of when it was said. IIRC the quote was similar to the one he said on the radio after the game. Your ranked and favored team just got destroyed in the second half. This is your first major bowl (welll... bigger than pizza).... what the hell was he supposed to say? You guys are looking for answers that don't exist....

I am looking for "I am disappointed. We did not play up to expectations. The team was flat and unprepared and that falls back on me. We will review our preparation plans and make adjustments for future bowl games. Our fans who travelled with this team to this game deserve better than we displayed today."

I know you were still in Elpaso..... He did say that on the radio after the game.

• Content Count:  1,985

Plus, at good amount of the points blown up on us in the third quarter came not from rolling over and dying, but because instead of staying calm we went crazy, caused turnovers going for big plays etc. 

I was disapointed when guys stopped at the 5 to watch the ducks run into the endzone, felt like we had a couple of guys close enough to make a try at a stop.

They simply were out to punish us as a representative of what they should have been.  We thought we would go in there and play fast, not thinking we would get our heads shoved through our pads.

They have one hell of a QB in this kid.  Also, why did we not prep more for the run D?  Honestly, it was their 4th QB, did we really expect a passing game?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I am still proud of our Bulls and this year. The wins over Auburn at Jordan Hare and the sellout at Ray Jay over WVU

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Those are just2 of our memorable games

• Content Count:  10,219

this score should be in our locker room and weight room all winter long :( :(

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Quote from the El Paso Times from Jim Leavitt

"I'm  proud of my football team," Leavitt said. "When you lose like that, you've got to be careful (not) to define your team by 30 minutes of football, and that's something that I think is very, very important".

Gee, maybe's that's our problem, somebody forgot to tell coach that football games are 60 minutes long. And yes, you do have to play all 60 minutes and that is how your team is judged.

That game yesterday showed a total lack of character and discipline from our team. And the ultimate blame goes back to the coaches not having this team prepared to play.

Leavitt needs to apologize to all those USF fans who spent their hard earned dollars to go to El Paso and who were expecting their team to play for 60 minutes.

Leavitt's proud of the team  ???  My guess is he's the only person that is  :'(

bulls will be judged by those 30 minutes

you can make book on it

this score should be in our locker room and weight room all winter long :( :(

as well as all the negative sun bowl records that were broken

I'm proud of what this team & our fans accomplished in 2007.

Anyone who thinks the 2nd half represents this team, that must have been the first game they've seen.

Go BULLS !!!

of course 2nd half  represents this team

as do all the other games

usf didnt play well 1st half either

Archived