• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Smith has had an incredible season(except one game).  My question is do you think he will go pro?   He has 2,164 rushing yards and 25 TDs on 376 carries.  If I were to advise him, I would tell him to go pro because the UCF coaching staff is going to ruin him if they don't watch it.   There have been a number of games where Smith has carried the ball more than 40 times in a game and thats just too much for a college running back.   I would think he is a late first or early 2nd rounder. 

If he is a late first rounder, he should go.

If not, he should stay.

Not sure that he is a late first rounder, maybe.  Either way I think he goes.  He really can't have much better of a year.  What else could he develop?  The knock on him will be that UCF hasn't faced a lot of decent defenses this year.  Did he have a good game against Texas?  I know he didn't get many chances in Tampa.

This is the deepest running back draft stock in 20 years.  If he stays, he's a guaranteed 1st rounder.  If he goes, he could fall to the 2nd or even 3rd.

That is a good point there are a lot of backs coming out this year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

his stock won't rise much when he plays against garbage teams for 3/4 of the schedule.

• Content Count:  416

When it comes to the draft you can't compare between years. Running backs will always be picked in the first rount. So a #6 RB this year could be the #3 back next without necessarily looking any better. If he can go first round this year, he should go. If next year's RB draft is thin he should consider staying (knowing that he's risking only getting an insurance payout if he remains).

• Content Count:  6,928

his stock won't rise much when he plays against garbage teams for 3/4 of the schedule.

What did he run for aganist a real (USF) defense? 55 yards.......... >:D

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Like I said before, good back on a bad team.

• Content Count:  2,239

What did he run for aganist a real (USF) defense? 55 yards.......... >:D

Do we have to remind you again that he wasn't used in the 2nd half(besides 2 carries)?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I have already agreed Smith is a good back.  However, his stats against USF were 18 carries for 55 yards.  At that rate he would need 33 carries to get to 100, not exactly stellar.  Other than one drive and one screen pass, Smith was not as effective against us as he has been against others.  The primary reason is that of the teams you have played, USF does the best job of getting multiple players to the ball and of tackling.  Smith may have wanted to play us in weeks 7-9 when our tackling was atrocious.

• Content Count:  2,239

I have already agreed Smith is a good back.  However, his stats against USF were 18 carries for 55 yards.  At that rate he would need 33 carries to get to 100, not exactly stellar.  Other than one drive and one screen pass, Smith was not as effective against us as he has been against others.  The primary reason is that of the teams you have played, USF does the best job of getting multiple players to the ball and of tackling.  Smith may have wanted to play us in weeks 7-9 when our tackling was atrocious.

For a good chunk of the UTEP game, his stats were like that and then he started to bust them open.  I swear the guy never tires or something.

• Content Count:  709

The game was way out of hand too early.  Smith would have topped 100 against you guys too.

But he was not given the opportunity.

And that was a good thing in the end for Knight Nation.  It has been a pleasure to watch him perform.

USF can only dream of having a player of his caliber.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The game was way out of hand too early.  Smith would have topped 100 against you guys too.

But he was not given the opportunity.

And that was a good thing in the end for Knight Nation.  It has been a pleasure to watch him perform.

USF can only dream of having a player of his caliber.

He wasn't given the opportunity because your Offense and Defense is not very good otherwise.  It's great for what it is designed to do, which is push around CUSA teams, not going to work against better teams.

As for players his caliber, he is very good, but I think we have a few we are equally proud of, in Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, George Selvie and Ben Moffitt.

Archived