• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

Smith has had an incredible season(except one game).  My question is do you think he will go pro?  He has 2,164 rushing yards and 25 TDs on 376 carries.  If I were to advise him, I would tell him to go pro because the UCF coaching staff is going to ruin him if they don't watch it.  There have been a number of games where Smith has carried the ball more than 40 times in a game and thats just too much for a college running back.  I would think he is a late first or early 2nd rounder. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Good running back on a bad team.  I realize they are in CUSA Championship Game, but that doesn't make them good .  Any team that loses to us by 52 can't be very good.  Even Syracuse only lost by 31.  He should turn pro, especially if O'Liar jumps ship on Mickey Mouse U.

• Content Count:  709

Smith has had an incredible season(except one game).  My question is do you think he will go pro?   He has 2,164 rushing yards and 25 TDs on 376 carries.  If I were to advise him, I would tell him to go pro because the UCF coaching staff is going to ruin him if they don't watch it.   There have been a number of games where Smith has carried the ball more than 40 times in a game and thats just too much for a college running back.   I would think he is a late first or early 2nd rounder. 

If he is a late first rounder, he should go.

If not, he should stay.

• Content Count:  709

Good running back on a bad team.  I realize they are in CUSA Championship Game, but that doesn't make them good .  Any team that loses to us by 52 can't be very good.  Even Syracuse only lost by 31.  He should turn pro, especially if O'Liar jumps ship on Mickey Mouse U.

Of course.  Syracuse is much beter than UCF and would obviously win by 21 points.  Things like that always work out.

::) ::) ::) ::)

• Content Count:  500

I think he goes pro. The boosters can only afford so many gold teef.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

He'd better go, or his life expectancy in the NFL will be much shorter.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think Smith is a pretty good back.  He's over 2000 yards, and in my opinion has nothing left to prove on a college level.  If he comes back, what could he do that would be better than this year?  What would he do to raise his stock more than it is now?

The other issue is the pure number of carries.  I think Jamal Anderson holds the NFL record for carries in a season and that is around 420 carries.  Smith will have more than that after the Title game and the Bowl game, with 2 fewer games.  If I were his adviser I would tell him that if he is going to take that type of beating then get paid.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Smith has had an incredible season(except one game).  My question is do you think he will go pro?   He has 2,164 rushing yards and 25 TDs on 376 carries.  If I were to advise him, I would tell him to go pro because the UCF coaching staff is going to ruin him if they don't watch it.   There have been a number of games where Smith has carried the ball more than 40 times in a game and thats just too much for a college running back.   I would think he is a late first or early 2nd rounder. 

If not, he should stay.

Not sure that he is a late first rounder, maybe.  Either way I think he goes.  He really can't have much better of a year.  What else could he develop?  The knock on him will be that UCF hasn't faced a lot of decent defenses this year.  Did he have a good game against Texas?  I know he didn't get many chances in Tampa.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,594
  • Days Won:  29

Agree that his stock can't get much higher ... expect him to be a 2nd rounder and have a very good career.

• Content Count:  2,239

Smith has had an incredible season(except one game).  My question is do you think he will go pro?  He has 2,164 rushing yards and 25 TDs on 376 carries.  If I were to advise him, I would tell him to go pro because the UCF coaching staff is going to ruin him if they don't watch it.  There have been a number of games where Smith has carried the ball more than 40 times in a game and thats just too much for a college running back.  I would think he is a late first or early 2nd rounder. 

If not, he should stay.

Not sure that he is a late first rounder, maybe.  Either way I think he goes.  He really can't have much better of a year.  What else could he develop?  The knock on him will be that UCF hasn't faced a lot of decent defenses this year.  Did he have a good game against Texas?  I know he didn't get many chances in Tampa.

This is the deepest running back draft stock in 20 years.  If he stays, he's a guaranteed 1st rounder.  If he goes, he could fall to the 2nd or even 3rd.

Archived