• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

his stock won't rise much when he plays against garbage teams for 3/4 of the schedule.

What did he run for aganist a real (USF) defense? 55 yards.......... >:D

First of all...he played a half.  GOL took him out.

Second....USF got the best of UCF that day....but that wasn't a "separation game" of the two teams.  UCF is a good team...USF is also a good team....I'd say a great team!!  USF had some close losses...but is still a great team...but not the greatest. 

Kevin Smith is a GREAT back though...he can see and do as great backs do...despite your allegience...one has to admit.  He's a natural and can sense pressure and moves around it.  He's special.  He will be back in '08 because he can only improve and he won't risk anything.  Many successful backs stayed their entire college career and succeeded.  He will only get better...and his stock will rise more so next year.  He could also get hurt his first year in...K.Smith will stay...and it'll mean more to him than anything.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

My gut tells me Smith is going to go pro while he doesn't have too many miles on the odometer. UCF's passing game is so mediocre that they're going to lean on him very hard again next year if he returns. (Note: This is the same reason I think Ray Rice is going to go pro too.)

Who are some of these backs that stayed all four years? Mike Hart is really the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

• Content Count:  9,038

USF can only dream of having a player of his caliber.

uhhh....we did this once before.  His name was Andre Hall.  He rushed 10 times a game less, yet still had similar YPC.

Oh yeah, it was in BOTH C-USA and the Big East...

Just pointing that out...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Second....USF got the best of UCF that day....but that wasn't a "separation game" of the two teams.

:ROFLMAO ...... That's because there will NEVER be a separation game to you guys. If that ass kicking didn't qualify as a separation game, nothing ever will.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I say smith should go as he cant really prove much more in his situation and returning would have a great chance of injury because of the workload that o'leary gives him.  . 

• Content Count:  3,078

maybe it is a sign that there are only two backs in the country over 1800 yards, much less 2000, and they are in the same conference?

• Content Count:  711

Second....USF got the best of UCF that day....but that wasn't a "separation game" of the two teams.

:ROFLMAO ...... That's because there will NEVER be a separation game to you guys. If that ass kicking didn't qualify as a separation game, nothing ever will.

It wasn't...deal with it.  There are "separtations"...just games.  That was a butt whoopin'....but that's it.  Face it.  If UCF beats you next year...the other 3 games won't matter to me...just the one.  It's only about what happens at that time.  At one point USF was #2...now they're 21.  Which is great for USF.  But nobody cares....why?  Because it's all about when and that time only.  That's football!!

If the Patriots finish 18-0...but lose the Super Bowl to the Cowboys or even the Bucs...who cares about the 18-0?  Means NOTHING!  It's how you finish the season!!  People will respect the Patriots..but the SB winner is what matters.  64-12...USF's beating of UCF is rememered...but forgotten just as quickly.  It seems like years ago...and yes...we hated it...but UCF fans aren't down anymore and are reallly excited right now.

Deat with it!  I remember during USF's losing streak...Sun Sports' Tailgate Overtime had put USF in the "others" around the state...with UCF leading with UF and FSU!!  So who really cares about USF?

• Content Count:  9,038

No matter what we do to you guys, it will never be enough, will it?

When we stop playing you after going to your "Dumbgeon" next year, you will still say "Oh, USF doesn't want to play us - they are scared!"

When will it be enough?  After we've beaten you 4 times in football, numerous times in other sports, and have an edge on recruiting, national ranking and prestige, and BCS money?  Oh, wait...most of those things have already happened.

So, Mr. Goldenbuc, when will there in fact be "separtation"?

• Content Count:  416

I'd say when we at least get a BCS bowl berth/win and definetly when we win a NC, pretty much the way there's seperation between us and UF/FSU/UM. You could make an argument that Boise is a much better program than we are as they've won a BCS bow, been ranked at the end of the year and been ranked at the beginning of this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

It wasn't...deal with it.

I said it wasn't  .... for you.... because, in YOUR minds, you are forever linked with us .... just deal with THAT.

but UCF fans aren't down anymore and are reallly excited right now.

I'm sure you are, just as Troy and FAU fans are excited this week, too .... Good for all you guys. Everyone needs their little niche.

I remember during USF's losing streak...Sun Sports' Tailgate Overtime had put USF in the "others" around the state...with UCF leading with UF and FSU!!

Maybe when there's a channel based in Tampa, with a Bull for a vp/general managert, we'll get that kind of extra special coverage whether we deserve it or not.

Archived