• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Second....USF got the best of UCF that day....but that wasn't a "separation game" of the two teams.

:ROFLMAO ...... That's because there will NEVER be a separation game to you guys. If that ass kicking didn't qualify as a separation game, nothing ever will.

It wasn't...deal with it.

I said it wasn't  .... for you.... because, in YOUR minds, you are forever linked with us .... just deal with THAT.

but UCF fans aren't down anymore and are reallly excited right now.

I'm sure you are, just as Troy and FAU fans are excited this week, too .... Good for all you guys. Everyone needs their little niche.

I remember during USF's losing streak...Sun Sports' Tailgate Overtime had put USF in the "others" around the state...with UCF leading with UF and FSU!!

Maybe when there's a channel based in Tampa, with a Bull for a vp/general managert, we'll get that kind of extra special coverage whether we deserve it or not.

No UCF fan wants to be linked with USF.  Some may want to sell their souls to be USF but almost all Knight Nation would choose many other BCS schools to emulate rather than USF.

Is USF not excited?  Strange, it sure seems that way.  We're fine Trip.  Quit worrying about us.

BCS USF doesn't have a graduate in the Tampa area that is a GM at a TV channel?  Strange.  No special coverage for USF because you aren't special.

Fans dropped off the bandwagon faster than Paris Hilton's panties come off when a man walks by.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,078

maybe it is a sign that there are only two backs in the country over 1800 yards, much less 2000, and they are in the same conference?

still nobody??

that's what i thought

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

What round was Andre Hall drafted in?

Andre wasn't drafted.  Yet he ran over and around your team in 2005.  You guys had 2 WRs who would be drafted in subsequent years (recruited by Kruczek).  What's that say about your coaching staff and their ability to get the most out of your players?

• Content Count:  2,239

maybe it is a sign that there are only two backs in the country over 1800 yards, much less 2000, and they are in the same conference?

still nobody??

that's what i thought

Didn't know you wanted a response.  Two of the best of anything in one conference.  Does that mean the conference sucks?  Not always.  Just means there are two great players playing that are the focal points of their respective offenses.

• Content Count:  6,928

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov/30/sp-on-a-historic-run/

By JOEY JOHNSTON The Tampa Tribune

Published: November 30, 2007

By now, University of Central Florida junior running back Kevin Smith expects the question. By now, it is practically old news.

But it doesn't make his story any less fascinating.

With Smith's exploits at mind-bending levels - he has become the state's all-time leading collegiate career rusher, and his 2,164 yards represent the fourth-best season ever in Division I-A - there are naturally some raised eyebrows.

Kevin, how did you wind up at UCF?

"It was pretty easy," Smith said. "UCF was the only program that recruited me to play running back."

The only program.

Knights coach George O'Leary, who generally scoffs at the battery of Internet-driven recruiting rankings, sensed a gem in Smith, who was moved from the backfield and played only safety as a senior at Miami's Southridge High School.

And the rest, as they say, is college football history.

Literally.

Smith will be on display Saturday afternoon when the Knights (9-3) face Tulsa (9-3) in the Conference USA Championship Game at UCF's Bright House Networks Stadium. UCF, seeking the first league title in school history but already assured of a postseason spot, can earn a Liberty Bowl bid.

That means two more opportunities for Smith to boost his rushing statistics. By just maintaining his 180.33 average on Saturday, Smith will pass Arkansas' Darren McFadden (2,185 yards in 2006) and USC's Marcus Allen (2,342 in 1981), vaulting into the No. 2 spot for single-season rushing.

Still out there - make that way out there - is Oklahoma State's Barry Sanders (2,628 yards in 1988). But conceivably, Smith could also pass Sanders in UCF's bowl game.

Sanders and Allen won the Heisman Trophy.

McFadden finished second.

Smith, a 6-foot-1, 211-pounder who is also the nation's leading scorer (26 touchdowns), probably won't even sniff an invitation to Tim Tebow's probable Heisman coronation next weekend in New York.

"I think Kevin Smith is a first-round draft pick," Tulsa coach Todd Graham said. "He's the best I've seen in a long, long time.

"It just shows you that none of us have this thing recruiting down to a science. If you just recruit off lists and rankings, you're going to miss the boat on a guy like that."

USF is the only team to shut down Smith, limiting him to 55 yards on 18 carries in the Bulls' 64-12 victory on Oct. 13 at Raymond James Stadium. Since then, the Knights have been unbeatable, winning six straight games.

And Smith has been practically unstoppable, averaging 208.2 yards in those six games with 14 rushing touchdowns.

"What has impressed me the most with Kevin is his humility," O'Leary said. "Like most smart running backs, he has continually given praise to his offensive line. A lot of times when kids get notoriety, they forget why they got it. Kevin hasn't done that. For him, it's a team game.

"He just has things you don't teach. Great vision. Redirection skills. Sets up his blocks. Explodes through the hole. Accelerates in the open field. Catches the ball well. Blocks. This season, he has done it all."

And he's not done yet.

Reporter Joey Johnston can be reached at (813) 259-7353 or jjohnston@tampatrib.com.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

That means two more opportunities for Smith to boost his rushing statistics. By just maintaining his 180.33 average on Saturday, Smith will pass Arkansas' Darren McFadden (2,185 yards in 2006) and USC's Marcus Allen (2,342 in 1981), vaulting into the No. 2 spot for single-season rushing.

Still out there - make that way out there - is Oklahoma State's Barry Sanders (2,628 yards in 1988). But conceivably, Smith could also pass Sanders in UCF's bowl game.

I've got a problem with this and any other record breaking that aren't done a level playing field. Conference championships and bowl games should not count towards breaking the record of someone whose totals don't include the same games. I may be wrong but I read somewhere that Sanders yardage didn't include a bowl game.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Goldenbuc, you are really reaching at straws.  We've proved we are in a different stratosphere than you guys.  Once you accept it and focus on your tier, you'll be much better off.

:loser

• Content Count:  19,229

What round was Andre Hall drafted in?

That sure helps you prove your team is better.... much better than a 50 point ass whooping.

• Content Count:  9,038

That sure helps you prove your team is better.... much better than a 50 point ass whooping.

Not so fast...

fifty-TWO point ass whooping.

Archived