• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the perception of USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure too much money is made on beer sales in the stadium for them to ever stop selling it...

What is this UCF fight that is on Youtube??

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I think we have a bad reputation, the behavior after the Cincinnati game should have clinched that.

when did the Gayturds play Cincinnati?

hahahaha

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

this topic is so tired and played out it's not even entertaining anymore.

first of all, to the OP, you're judging an ENTIRE FAN BASE from a discussion u heard from OPPOSING FANS of a team that was getting a complete beatdown.

did those L'ville fans have bad experiences with EVERY USF fan they encountered, or were there a couple groups of rowdy, obnoxious fans that heckled them and they decided to judge the entire fanbase because of that?

people tend to focus on the negative, especially when their team is getting shitted on.  they don't say "gee out of 58,000 fans, only a dozen or so were ********... the other 57,988 were good people"... instead, they say "USF is full of trash because a dozen or so students heckled me when i walked past the student section"

that's just stupid.

and for all the ass-kissing of Auburn fans i see going on, did anyone sit in any section OTHER than the USF section?

i bought my tickets on eBay from an Auburn season ticket holder, and sat directly in front of some recent AU alum that were somewhere in their mid-late 20s.

after celebrating the long run by Mike Ford, i was called a "douchebag," heard several "F" this and "F" that, and overheard rude comments about our "Black kicker" (even tho Delbie is Latin).  they were also drunker than Boris Yeltsin at happy hour.  as i walked off campus to find a taxi, a couple of idiots yelled "USF SUCKS ****!!" and "u better get out of here quickly."

the overwhelming majority of the AU fans i encountered that day were hospitable, but there were certainly ******** in the group...  did i go around judging the entire AU fanbase because of that?  no.

seriously, u people look like idiots.  it is a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.  there are going to be rowdy and obnoxious people.  it is a fact of life.

the team is popular now, so if u expect Saturdays at Ray Jay to be like ******* Bingo night at the Retirement Center, just stay home and watch it from the comfort of your TV.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

We want to give visiting fans the same experience so many of you commented on after going to Auburn.  

there were obnoxious people at Auburn too (see my previous post), so the experience isn't that far off.

seriously, out of all the games at Ray Jay, all these "USF fans are classless" discussions always boil down to two or three groups of opposing fans that are overheard talking about one or two bad apples in a stadium full of 50,000 people.

if u expect to completely eliminate heckling or profanity from a college football game, your expectations are just a tad bit high.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

When our students get stupid chants going they are being STUDENTS...  I feel bad when I see young kids around some of the swearing, but to be honest if you dont want your kids around that stuff, a college football game probably isnt the best atmosphere for them.  That is never going to change.

There's no way kids should be seated near the student section but as far as not being there at all .... that's ********. USF's current fan base is made up of a ton of families with kids and I see more and more of them decked out in Bulls gear every week. THEY are our future fans. Somewhere down the line we will get to the point where most in attendance will be older/new alum/ fans and current students but that point is far off into the future. Not sure who it was that had the constant cussing within close earshot of the 6 and 8 yr olds in a top donor section but THAT is unacceptable. No reason at all why you can't politely ask them to tone it down. I've done it and most of the time they don't even realize they're dping it and the presence of kids .... If they don't stop, go get security. I find it hard to believe that that stuff is part of traditional college football .... and even if it is, we donlt have to follow along with it.

• Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

We want to give visiting fans the same experience so many of you commented on after going to Auburn. 

there were obnoxious people at Auburn too (see my previous post), so the experience isn't that far off.

seriously, out of all the games at Ray Jay, all these "USF fans are classless" discussions always boil down to two or three groups of opposing fans that are overheard talking about one or two bad apples in a stadium full of 50,000 people.

if u expect to completely eliminate heckling or profanity from a college football game, your expectations are just a tad bit high.

Exactly, I don't know where people are constantly seeing this classless behavior but I've never seen it.  I am coming from a not-so-uptight standpoint though so every little thing isn't offensive to me. 

If students are being a-holes, what are you going to say?  I mean, they are college kids.  These are the same classy people that help create new volumes of Girls Gone Wild every year.

• Content Count:  115

Notice I said IF that is not something you want your kids around.... Personally when I have kids I will prepare them for the atmosphere they are going to be in by letting them know going in.  I am by no means saying do not bring kids to the game, i am saying if you do be prepared for what they are going to encounter.  It will always be that way, and not just at Ray Jay, you can hear and see the same things at every other stadium on Saturdays nation wide.  yes even JORDAN HARE... While they are great, why do so many people want our fans to become clones of another fan base?

• Content Count:  403

If I go to another stadium to pull for the Bulls, I realize that I'm the enemy and I expect to get heckled somewhat.  I guess fans pulling for the visiting team here want us to roll out the red carpet for them and kiss their rears???

???

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

this topic is so tired and played out it's not even entertaining anymore.

first of all, to the OP, you're judging an ENTIRE FAN BASE from a discussion u heard from OPPOSING FANS of a team that was getting a complete beatdown.

My original post was asking if other people felt this is the impression people are getting about USF and its fans. It was not in any way me trying to judge our fans at all. I am simply wondering if people think this is the impression that those outside of USF are getting of our fans and school. I am not judging our fans but right now a lot of people just getting exposed to USF are. I for one have issues if our fans and school are being represented poorly because I know that IS NOT the majority, but it's much easier to build a good reputation while we're "young" then it is to make a bad reputation good once people make up their minds about us. 

Opinions of our fans and school are going to be formed over these next few years and I for one hope they are of passionate yet respectful people. We're not trying to clone another school or anything like that...just trying to create a great college football atmosphere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Notice I said IF that is not something you want your kids around.... Personally when I have kids I will prepare them for the atmosphere they are going to be in by letting them know going in.  I am by no means saying do not bring kids to the game, i am saying if you do be prepared for what they are going to encounter.

Maybe you should play Eddie Murphy's "Raw" DVD to get them prepared .... I know you don't mean it to sound that way but you're talking like you'll be taking your kids to Veteran's Stadium South ...  ;)

I've been going to USF games since the beginning and have only had one or two problems and they were from people not usually in our area. I think the incidents in the non-student sections are isolated, for the most part, and we need to keep it that way. You've got some foul mouthed ***** around you who won't stop after gentle prodding, get security.

While they are great, why do so many people want our fans to become clones of another fan base?

Since we're just starting our own traditions, why not emulate the classier fan bases we've been exposed to ...?

Archived