• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the perception of USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

Every college team has their bad apple fans.  You have different age ranges and different walks of life all mixed together.  You'll drive yourself crazy if you try to apologize for their ignorance and lack of class everytime you hear of an incident.  This problem is compounded by the sale of alcoholic beverages at RayJay.  If the good fans make an effort to lead by example, I think everything will work out in the end.  You can't go around in life worrying about what other "fans" think about you.  It's just a game.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771

Lets try a social change with a few different things next year

1- Music:

Less rap/hip hop and more southern rock songs by both the band and what gets pump'd through ray jay.

Sweet Caroline, Sweet Emotion... good sing alon stuff like that

2-Beer

Limit beer sales to the end of the half time show. All would get cut off then. If you are a fan and want to continue drinking, tough.

3-Speaking with arge groups of students about treating others with respect while still having fun.

• Content Count:  12,293

Lets try a social change with a few different things next year

1- Music:

Less rap/hip hop and more southern rock songs by both the band and what gets pump'd through ray jay.

Sweet Caroline, Sweet Emotion... good sing alon stuff like that

2-Beer

Limit beer sales to the end of the half time show. All would get cut off then. If you are a fan and want to continue drinking, tough.

3-Speaking with arge groups of students about treating others with respect while still having fun.

so now the rap music is the cause of this behavior?

listen guys, anytime you have 55,000 people, beer, and something that people our passionate about (football) you are going to have some different behavior. 

personally, i think college football fans in general are so quick to point the finger at other programs for being "classless, rude, etc"  but you cant let a few bad apples make you judge an entire fanbase. 

i had louisville fans tell me last week what great fans we had and they were extremely pleased with how they were treated. 

and if i go to an away game and i'm decked out in green and gold...i DONT EXPECT nice behavior to me.  now, i dont think people should come up and threaten to fight or drop F' Bombs in my face every few seconds but they call tell me USF sucks all they want or any other fairly clean comment they can come up with. 

part of the problem with some of our fans is that they really arent fans of USF football.  they are fans of being the better team and talking trash.  most of these same people probably wear gator or noles shirts anytime they arent at a USF football game.

• Content Count:  66

The thing is apparently "threats" happened at the WVU game. One girl told the tribune that USF students threatened to **** her. I am hoping she was lying.

--Joey

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Rutger fans were pretty bad at RJS last season. One Rutgers fan started a fight in the parking lot with a USF fan right near my car. I had to literally push the guy out of my way to get to my car. Also, I heard how bad the Rutger fans have been this season. The point is every school has their fools and jerks. Visiting fans should be educated by the schools on not to go near the student section if possible. Also, police need to make sure that students are not going out of there way to heckle and start fights. It is really too hard to police them all, but hopefully they can come up with a way. Maybe have those cameras in the stadium like other schools use. That way people will be less likely to start crap.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

If a people swearing and calling the other team names is the worst you have seen then I want to come to your section.

That stuff happens ANYWHERE there is college football

• Content Count:  12,293

If a people swearing and calling the other team names is the worst you have seen then I want to come to your section.

That stuff happens ANYWHERE there is college football

shhhh.....dont tell anyone that.

all across the country fans say words like 'dang, shoot, aw shucks, by golly'  and while doing this they also make sure to NEVER stand up unless give permission by the people sitting in the first 4 rows behind you.

• Content Count:  5,241

Heckling is one of the great traditions that comes along with sports

And for that record, the ecu rhymes with gay sign was priceless.

Even it was USF rhymes with gay, that would still be funny...but very inaccurate  ;D

We need to worry about not getting kicked out for standing and cheering for our team more than this!

• Content Count:  1,412

Need to get over it, everyone is embarrassed by the few bad apples that exist everywhere.

In 2005, my father who is a WVU alumni (yes I know, and he is getting a nice T-shirt for Christmas) was absolutely embarrassed by the way WVU fans were acting inside the club lounge.  Drunk as a skunk yelling and cursing.

2006, my brothers and I take my father up to the WVU-Cincinnati game in Morgantown and my uncle (another WVU Alumni) writes a letter to the head of the Alumni Association criticizing the fans there.  I was with him and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary other than the t-shirts saying West F'ing Virginia.

Afterwards I was talking to my father and he said when he was in school (in the 50's) they were catching grief for saying West By God Virginia.  He also talks about going to old Pitt stadium watching Pitt-WVU games and the **** coalminers and steelworkers would throw half full bottles of Whiskey 50 rows down because the stadium seats were so steep.

It ain't going to change but the chants will and it is a matter of perspective.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

P.S.  For those who have complained about the cursing, hearing the word "F-CK" is not going to hurt you.  It's just a word. 

For those people who are encountering throwing stuff (which I have seen both home and visiting fans do at Ray J), then obviously that is not acceptable.

The ones trying to fight others is a product almost solely of the drunkenness.  Bull on Bull violence is so sad.  I was sitting next to two guys (the guy a couple seats over from me and the one a row down from him), and the guy in the row below was stumbling bumbling drunk trying to fight even his friends that he came to the game with.  I told him (exact words! in as kind a tone as I could muster) "hey man, it's all good, we're all Bulls fans", he looks right at me and screams "F*CK YOU!!"  He was very close to getting stomped many, many times by many different people that game.  He would have well deserved it.

Archived