• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the perception of USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly who cares, you can't make 65,000 people act perfect and all get along, even more so when you introduce beer to the equation. Every teams fans has the asshats and douches, its not uncommon. Do yourself a favor and don't worry about others worry about yourself. Just make sure your the nice one and not the ******* its very simple. People are pricks get used to it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

P.S.  For those who have complained about the cursing, hearing the word "F-CK" is not going to hurt you.  It's just a word.

Shouldn't I, as a parent, have a right to bring kids to a game and not have to explain to my 6 year old that using that language is improper?  Does your right to free speech override my right to not have to listen to vulgarity? 

USFFan

There is no such thing as a right to not be offended (or to not listen to vulgarity).  I'm in no position to tell you how to raise your child so I won't pretend that I would know better than you what would work as far as explaining it to her (perhaps start with "**** is a word that some people find offensive that is used to express extreme anger, among other things", translated to 6 year old speak).  Rest assured, she will hear that and plenty more eventually.  I would be more concerned about the drunk idiots falling all over themselves and pointing out to my child the meaning of overindulgence and making a fool of yourself.  But that is your territory.  Of course, there is stadium policy and such so you shouldn't have to worry about your 'right' being violated.

For the record, I have told other fans to tone it down, especially when there is children around, because I feel it is disrespectful.  But as a quick answer, there is no general right not to listen to vulgarity.  'Bad' words only have as much power as you give them.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  4

I agree. USF fans are some of the rudest in the nation.  I have seen USF fans at home AND AT AWAY games scream profanities or try to get "XXX Sucks" chants going.

One guy in our section was trying to chant "Louisville Sucks Ass" through most of the game... he was the only one, of course, 'cause the rest of section 125 have class and may point the the scoreboard to taunt fans, but no profanity or childish behavior.

It's like the USF fans who had to have their "ECU rhymes with gay" sign last year.  No class.

Who's rhyming with gay now?  ;)

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I agree. USF fans are some of the rudest in the nation.  I have seen USF fans at home AND AT AWAY games scream profanities or try to get "XXX Sucks" chants going.

One guy in our section was trying to chant "Louisville Sucks Ass" through most of the game... he was the only one, of course, 'cause the rest of section 125 have class and may point the the scoreboard to taunt fans, but no profanity or childish behavior.

It's like the USF fans who had to have their "ECU rhymes with gay" sign last year.  No class.

good god, quit worrying about us, we already blew you out last year, your just making yourself look like an ass. you need to start focusing on winning that prestigous conference usa title and a birth into the great liberty bowl. doesnt it suck knowing the best bowl you can get into every year is the liberty bowl?

good god, quit worrying about us, we already blew you out last year, your just making yourself look like an ass. you need to start focusing on winning that prestigous conference usa title and a birth into the great liberty bowl. doesnt it suck knowing the best bowl you can get into every year is the liberty bowl?

You missed my ;) but your response comes at no surprise.  I've thoroughly enjoyed your free fall since your win over WVU, couldn't have happened to a more classless fanbase - no offense to civilized Bulls fans.  All that said, I hope we can join you in the BE one day and have an opportunity to even up our record against your team.  Have a happy New Year, be safe out there.

Oh, you do realize that Hawai'i is just the latest non-BCS team to play in a BCS bowl right? 

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

You waited an entire year for that?

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

ECUPirates1 rhymes with pathetic.

You missed my ;) but your response comes at no surprise.  I've thoroughly enjoyed your free fall since your win over WVU, couldn't have happened to a more classless fanbase - no offense to civilized Bulls fans.  All that said, I hope we can join you in the BE one day and have an opportunity to even up our record against your team.  Have a happy New Year, be safe out there.

Oh, you do realize that Hawai'i is just the latest non-BCS team to play in a BCS bowl right? 

• Content Count:  98

While I never have seen any truly nasty fans, the solution is simple. Stop giving free tickets to the students. Charge them $50 or so for the game and many of the pricks will not go to the game as much. As I said everytime I go to the games I am near the band many times and never really whitness this type of behavior. I think many times it is a team losing and their fans get so upset they try to blame the oposing fans as being bad.

While I never have seen any truly nasty fans, the solution is simple. Stop giving free tickets to the students. Charge them $50 or so for the game and many of the pricks will not go to the game as much. As I said everytime I go to the games I am near the band many times and never really whitness this type of behavior. I think many times it is a team losing and their fans get so upset they try to blame the oposing fans as being bad.

No, you truly have nasty fans, no sour grapes here.  Your team beat us thoroughly, they earned my respect .. your fans acted disgracefully, they certainly did not earn my respect.  I haven't been waiting a year for anything, just haven't forgotten the many crude USF fans I encountered in B'ham and I'm glad to see the karma come back around.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

normal_DSC01742.JPG

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Is ECU our new "rival"? Someone alert the knights that they are being kicked out of the "we don't really care about you" role.

Seriously, your examples are of students. If that is how you define a "fan base", then you have some issues. Are all ECU students saints? I was as shocked as you, but apparently, our students go to the games to drink (gasp!) and have a good time.

Here's my take. Students are kind of out of the "who's fans suck" debate. However, you waited until we were getting shallacked in a bowl game to bring up something from over a month ago, and rub our face in it. Assuming you are not a student, please look in the mirror for the definition of "classless".

We do not play you guys, we have nothing in common (hatred, respect, we are BCS- you aren't, etc.). But still, you felt the need to come over and be a **** when we are obviously reeling from this game.

Funny, even the UCF fans have more class/respect than that. I have several close friends that went to UCF, and they either haven't called me, or have been very sympathetic. Of course, I returned the respect for them, and didn't go yelling "64-12" after they lost their game. There is a time and a place for ribbing (by the way, at the game is one of those places/times).

Finally, I am definately not an english major, but you're saying that ECU doesn't rhyme with gay?

Archived