• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the perception of USF fans

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

At halftime of the Louisville game I overheard a few L'ville fans talking. I did not catch the entire conversation but enough to know that they had a very poor opinion of USF fans and the way they had been treated. They said that they would never be making a road trip to Tampa again and had no desire to pump money into our economy with fans like ours. I do not know what happened or why these women felt this way but I fear this may be happening alot.

As USF gains more national exposure the decorum of our fans is going to continue to be scrutinized. I had the pleasure of going to Auburn this year and would go again in a heart beat. Their fans were absolutely amazing and I hope that our USF fans can emmulate that sort of an atmostphere as gracious hosts to opposing teams and fans. There will always be the few a-holes but as people have said on the boards before...act like you've been there before.

I know that our fanbase is fairly young, but that is not an excuse for a lack of class. Has anyone else noticed a bad perception of our fans or do you think this is an isolated incident? As an avid fan and USF alumni the perception of our school and fans is extremely important to me.

I see this as the time when we really get the chance to create the perception of USF and its fans and I hope it will be a good one.

I know that not all people at USF games are students or alumni and may not care how their behavior represents our school and that some students don't care either...but whether you're connected to the school or not the general behavior of our fans is going to be seen as a direct reflection of the school and in this day and age Perception is Reality.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

I have never witnessed any incidents from our fans so I can't comment.  Sounds like they are upset that every time they travel down here their team gets beat by 40 or so points.

• Content Count:  695

I think we have a bad reputation, the behavior after the Cincinnati game should have clinched that.

I think we have a bad reputation, the behavior after the Cincinnati game should have clinched that.

What were the fans beating up all the Cincy fans or something?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

At halftime of the Louisville game I overheard a few L'ville fans talking. I did not catch the entire conversation but enough to know that they had a very poor opinion of USF fans and the way they had been treated. They said that they would never be making a road trip to Tampa again and had no desire to pump money into our economy with fans like ours. I do not know what happened or why these women felt this way but I fear this may be happening alot.

As USF gains more national exposure the decorum of our fans is going to continue to be scrutinized. I had the pleasure of going to Auburn this year and would go again in a heart beat. Their fans were absolutely amazing and I hope that our USF fans can emmulate that sort of an atmostphere as gracious hosts to opposing teams and fans. There will always be the few a-holes but as people have said on the boards before...act like you've been there before.

I know that our fanbase is fairly young, but that is not an excuse for a lack of class. Has anyone else noticed a bad perception of our fans or do you think this is an isolated incident? As an avid fan and USF alumni the perception of our school and fans is extremely important to me.

Our fans are bad, The students are the worst. They is no need to use every 4 letter word you can think of towards fans of visiting teams. It seems that most of the people at USF games are there for a social event, not a football game.

I think fans of all Florida schools are horrible. JMHO.

Our fans are bad, The students are the worst. They is no need to use every 4 letter word you can think of towards fans of visiting teams. It seems that most of the people at USF games are there for a social event, not a football game.

I think fans of all Florida schools are horrible. JMHO.

Weird.  I never see that.  Maybe because I don't sit near the student section.  All the harassment I see comes from the visiting fans in which case I would say if they don't want to come back...  Good, more season tickets for us to sell to USF fans.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Would be nice if Eric Soncrat or others in USF Athletics read this post, and did something to address it.  How about a nice flyer in the season tix pack this year discussing fan conduct and issues at previous games.  Also something handed out to students when they get their student tix.  Would also be nice to have fliers at some of the games on the topic.

I agree, we shoud greet visiting fans with open arms.  I think that 99% of our fans are great and do a fantastic job.  I suspect alcohol is to blame for the conduct of most of the remaining 1%.  However I think a large percentage of our fans (myself included) drink alcohol at games with no incident whatsoever, so that isn't anything to "Ban" or "blame" for the incidents.

I will say that at tailgating the WVU peopel were getting out of hand and there was this one chunky middle aged chick with a WVU jersey who was flipping EVERY passerby off who had a USF shirt on.  Their group was pretty vocal and low class.

I did not witness any issues at the Louisville game, and the Louisville fans I saw/met/observed all seemed to be nice.  Dissappointed to hear that they had a bad time relating to our fans (not the game outcome, that is to be expected when our Bulls kick their butts).  

bottom line, people cannot be controlled and many will act in ways which are not appropriate.   I suspect that the overwhelming majority of the people on this board are well behaved at the games as well....  

I thought the WVU fans were completely trashy and rude, the Louisville fans were pretty docile this time and I barely even noticed they were there.

• Content Count:  131

Its sad but true that we have some of the worse fans in the nation. They are fair weather fans, dont treat visiting fans well, and are completely unkowledgable about football. I, as a bulls fan, can't stand most of our fans. Its not fun for the entire game to tell everyone to shut up when we are on offense. when i was leaving the wv game i was so embarrased to see multiple students run up to elderly fans and scream multiple profanities bc their team lost. Its embarassing that i couldn't get a seat in the student section at the wv bc a bunch of fans that couldn't name a player on the team or didn't even know what conference usa (let alone watch and root for the team during our 4-7 year) ran in to the stadium but after a few losses later they are no where to be found. granted i am greatful for the better turnout but all the stuff adds up... like students hoging companion tickets and selliing them for a profit, ect. our fans brats and they piss me off. i really hope as our base grows they knowledgeable, nice and TRUE FANS show up. the trash of our university really makes us look bad

PS thowing water bottles on the field was icing on the cake for how chitty our fans are

Ok, so again, are we talking about drunk students or the rest of the stadium?

Archived