• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the perception of USF fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

UF and FSU have on-campus stadiums, whereas some of the students drink much more before the games and come to the games wasted... and they sneak the alcohol in.

Have your ever been in a bathroom stall at a FSU game?  It's full of ziplock baggies from where people went in there to dump their baggie of liquor into a soda.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

UF and FSU have on-campus stadiums, whereas some of the students drink much more before the games and come to the games wasted... and they sneak the alcohol in.

Have your ever been in a bathroom stall at a FSU game?  It's full of ziplock baggies from where people went in there to dump their baggie of liquor into a soda.

LOL.  Can they got those past the Tampa Grope Authority?

• Content Count:  1,985

the Big East needs to adopt the No alcohol policy that the SEC has.

I would be fine with that but I am sure a lot of people would get pissy.

Man I would love a no drinking policy in the stadium!!! I like a beer at the tailgate, but the drunks in the stadium are getting out of hand.  It is like that everywhere these days, the goal is to be a drunk as possible for many I think.

I would also say that we come down hard on opposing fans.  I am all for riding them when they start it up, and I have seen many who have, but I think I would not want to travel to an away game and be called names and yelled at just because I fly the green and gold.

I know the UCF fans are horrible when they come in, and it is a free for all, and some WVU fans started up and got a good smack down in section 115.  But, I have seen nice, calm fans from Cincy get harrased, as well as some of the smack go from schools to very, very personal.. That is bad.  I just have to say that if I was in WVU and someone started calling my wife names because we are there for the Bulls I am ending up in jail, or the hospital.

Bring a class game (ala AUburn) and everyone appreciates it, and the win is that much better.

• Content Count:  1,803

Some people should not drink alcohol. I had 4 fellow bulls fans want to fight me in the bathroom for no apparent reason other than  that they were drunk last game. Pretty bad when some Bulls fans are calling out other Bulls fans.

Bring a class game (ala AUburn) and everyone appreciates it, and the win is that much better.

Hey I am all for that.  I just smile at opposing fans.  Even when they call us "fags" (real mature there guys!) a la the UCF game, I sit there and ignore them. 

I think the people who mess with opposing fans are the same people who go to the game because it is the thing to do and they really don't follow college football closely or even care about issues like this.  Unfortunately since our program is young we are going to have room for a lot of these people to buy tickets for a while.  These same people are probably not going to commit to season tickets so lets keep buying those up.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

At halftime of the Louisville game I overheard a few L'ville fans talking. I did not catch the entire conversation but enough to know that they had a very poor opinion of USF fans and the way they had been treated. They said that they would never be making a road trip to Tampa again and had no desire to pump money into our economy with fans like ours. I do not know what happened or why these women felt this way but I fear this may be happening alot.

As USF gains more national exposure the decorum of our fans is going to continue to be scrutinized. I had the pleasure of going to Auburn this year and would go again in a heart beat. Their fans were absolutely amazing and I hope that our USF fans can emmulate that sort of an atmostphere as gracious hosts to opposing teams and fans. There will always be the few a-holes but as people have said on the boards before...act like you've been there before.

I know that our fanbase is fairly young, but that is not an excuse for a lack of class. Has anyone else noticed a bad perception of our fans or do you think this is an isolated incident? As an avid fan and USF alumni the perception of our school and fans is extremely important to me.

I see this as the time when we really get the chance to create the perception of USF and its fans and I hope it will be a good one.

I know that not all people at USF games are students or alumni and may not care how their behavior represents our school and that some students don't care either...but whether you're connected to the school or not the general behavior of our fans is going to be seen as a direct reflection of the school and in this day and age Perception is Reality.

hahaha

who wouldnt want to make a road trip top tampa from such great and luxurious destinations like louisville,a coal mining town,jersey swamp fiilled with ny's doody and trash?

• Content Count:  1,297

the Big East needs to adopt the No alcohol policy that the SEC has.

Yeah, becuase none of the Auburn fans were wasted inside the stadium.  ::)

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

LOL.  Can they got those past the Tampa Grope Authority?

I hate paying $8 for crappy beer insde so we often bring flasks of Captain in with us, and have yet to get "caught" by the stadium police.  Probably smuggled it in 3 times this year.

RE: UF, I have gone to many games in Gainesville and everyone sneaks in the little bottles to make drinks in the stadium and the bathrooms are littered with the empties to prove it.  And yes, people start their tailgates early so they can get good adn drunk before the game since they cannot buy it there.  

Alcohol and College football go hand in hand - that train is moving down the tracks rather fast so I doubt anyone can stop it.....

• Content Count:  1,297

I saw a UL fan on Saturday tyring to pick a fight with USF fans from his seast in the visitors section........so because of that.......all UL fans are classless trash and I will never make a road trip up there (sarcasm).

At halftime of the Louisville game I overheard a few L'ville fans talking. I did not catch the entire conversation but enough to know that they had a very poor opinion of USF fans and the way they had been treated. They said that they would never be making a road trip to Tampa again and had no desire to pump money into our economy with fans like ours. I do not know what happened or why these women felt this way but I fear this may be happening alot.

As USF gains more national exposure the decorum of our fans is going to continue to be scrutinized. I had the pleasure of going to Auburn this year and would go again in a heart beat. Their fans were absolutely amazing and I hope that our USF fans can emmulate that sort of an atmostphere as gracious hosts to opposing teams and fans. There will always be the few a-holes but as people have said on the boards before...act like you've been there before.

I know that our fanbase is fairly young, but that is not an excuse for a lack of class. Has anyone else noticed a bad perception of our fans or do you think this is an isolated incident? As an avid fan and USF alumni the perception of our school and fans is extremely important to me.

I see this as the time when we really get the chance to create the perception of USF and its fans and I hope it will be a good one.

I know that not all people at USF games are students or alumni and may not care how their behavior represents our school and that some students don't care either...but whether you're connected to the school or not the general behavior of our fans is going to be seen as a direct reflection of the school and in this day and age Perception is Reality.

hahaha

who wouldnt want to make a road trip top tampa from such great and luxurious destinations like louisville,a coal mining town,jersey swamp fiilled with ny's doody and trash?

Hey, respect.  That's THE swamp filled with ny's doody and trash.

Archived