• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we let Brohm sit in the pocket he is going to light us up

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I know Selvie is leading the nation, but we don't consistently pressure opposing QB's.  Here are the sacks we had in the 3 losses.

Rutgers - 1

Uconn  - 3

Cincy - 0

I think we need to blitz more this week because the front four seem to be having a hard time getting to the QB.  I would also like to see if we can finally get Robinson out there this week to speed rush for a few series.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Cincy has a scrambling QB, he didn't kill us in the pocket. Teel didn't throw much, and 3 sacks is pretty good. I don't think that was the issue for losing those games.

We do need someone else to step up and get in there. Selvie is leading the nation in sacks, but as a team, we are in the 30's in the nation. We do need help, but keep in mind that we rarely run any blitzes (at least from what I have seen). Occasionally Moffit or McKenzie will get after the QB, but I think Burnham is pretty happy with our front 4 being able to contain.

The key to this game will be stopping Barnidge. Douglas and Urrutia will get open a few times, but Jenks and Williams will keep them at bay. The TE killed us last year. T-Mac may have to stay with him, or bring in Murph.

There it is, OB's key to the game...Stop the TE.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Stopping Barnidge will be key.  Urrutia has been mostly ineffective this year because of injuries.  Not sure if he and Douglas are back to full strength yet.  I am sure we'll be blitizing more than in the three losses.  Those were all different types of offenses.  We are talented enough on defense to be flexible.  There really wasn't a need to blitz against Rutgers.  For the most part we closed their passing game down.  Teel was only 11-29.  We got hurt by a missed tackling in that game.  No need to blitz there.  Against UCONN, it was when we blitzed that we did get hurt because of their ability to dump off to the RBS.  Again, for the most part we held them to very little.  Same with Cincy.  We gave up nothing in the second half and got beaten by a bad break on the long pass early.  Allen was in position.  He got his hands on the ball, but the receiver made a nice play for the long TD.  Blitzing more really wouldn't have changed anything in any of thise games.    Brohm is less mobile.  I would expect to see more blitzing.  Carlton Williams and the LBs will be the key to this game on D.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, I've been a little concerned with our pash rush, as it seems to be inconsistent. I agree with the thread starter that if we cannot get a good pash rush, then Brohm will have a field day.  That being said, we all know the Bulls are able to generate pressure, so let's hope they do

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Uruttia and Douglas both played last Thursday against WVU, so I expect them to be totally healed and ready to play against the Bulls.  Need to pressure Brohm and get some deflections from the D Line.

• Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

Yep, a big key is going to be the pass rush.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I know Selvie is leading the nation, but we don't consistently pressure opposing QB's.  Here are the sacks we had in the 3 losses.

Rutgers - 1

Uconn   - 3

Cincy - 0

I think we need to blitz more this week because the front four seem to be having a hard time getting to the QB.  I would also like to see if we can finally get Robinson out there this week to speed rush for a few series.

with 2 supposed  nfl corners,usf should have terrorized qbs fo0r cinnci,uconn and ru but we didnt

if usf cant pressure ul,usf will easily lose like they did against cinnci

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

I have no reason to expect anything but a great Defense shutting down L'ville's passing attack.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Cuse finally started double teaming Selvie after he had a sack and a few TFL

we need to get some more pressure on Brohm though-- so I agree that this is important

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

as long as the Refs remember how to call the holding

Archived