• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where I'd rather not spend my bowl vacation...

I would NOT attend the USF bowl game if it were...  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

I'm having trouble picking against a bowl game of any kind.

If I had to say which one is least pleasant to head to -- it's probably Toronto. I know I'll be going to whatever bowl we land, but I sure hope we can win out and get the Gator Bowl folks to give us a shot.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

My brother worked in El Paso for a while and he loved it.  Close proximity to snow skiing and Mexico.  he had good times

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

The only bowl I would not attend would be Birmingham. Toronto as a city crushes the city of Birmingham and the city let us know last year how much they appreciated us being there. To be honest I would prefer we did not even go to a bowl over going to the "who gives a **** we just made this up at the last second to to try to make some money for our poor and disgusting city so please drop off your money and get the **** out of our city bowl". That and I do not want to have to get a tetanus shot in order to be able to step foot in Legions Field, that is if it is still standing. After all it did lose half of the stadium in between my visit in 2003 and 2006.

• Content Count:  1,457

No out of country travel for this Bull in a time of war - be it Mexico, Canada, Bahamas, or anywhere.

So, Any USA venue would be good - many of the proposed sites are accessible by major airports and have good deals w/discount fliers.

A nice road trip (any of the USA venues) is also a possibility - many of the cities go though gambling sites regionally.

Lets go Bowling......Hopefully

1. Charlotte

2. Jacksonville

3. Birmingham

4. El Paso

5. Memphis

6. Miami

7. Jacksonville

(understanding #5-7 are not possible).

PMR

• Content Count:  164

No out of country travel for this Bull in a time of war - be it Mexico, Canada, Bahamas, or anywhere.

Hehe, paranoid much? Afraid the Quebec Liberation Front gonna get you?

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I think he just got done watching Canadian Bacon ;D

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I think we could make all except Texas... If we have to go to Toronto we have shell's family up there and could stay for free, travel would be the only problem, but we would find a way...  To me Texas would be more expensive then Toronto..

• Content Count:  4,738

No out of country travel for this Bull in a time of war

we're at war?  with what country?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

The poll is now locked, having been available for over 24 hours for this highly-scientific research project.

And what conclusions can we draw from this?

1. An overwhelming majority (53%) of those polled view Toronto as the least desirable of all destinations....

2. We would rather saddle up the palomino and ride into the El Paso SUNset than order extra cheese

on the Papa John's Birmingham Special. Interesting result...so perhaps transportation to and from is

not necessarily a make-or-break proposition.

3. Five percent...only five percent...said Charlotte was a no-go, though no one ever opined as to why.

Soooo...although we appear to be thankful for a bowl - any bowl - it would appear that all bowls are

not created equal once we slip from the premier (BCS, Gator, etc.) tier. Interesting result between

B'ham & El Paso. Then again, no one has had to write a check yet, either.

This poll was made possible by a grant from the Annenberg/CPB Project and the Pew Charitable Trust.

For a transcript of this, just jot down everything everyone posted.

:satan

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I would not go to toronto because:

1. Its January in Toronto

2. Its freezing in January

3. Thats a long drive to freeze my butt off

Live a little.

1.  Possibility of snow would make a nice change from Florida. Did you ever hear of a jacket?

2.  You can walk downtown underground in Toronto if you want to, and you could be more freezing in El Paso

than in Toronto (domed vs open stadium and it can get frigid cold in El Paso, which has an average low of 31 degrees in January)

3.  It's about 400 miles farther drive one way to El Paso than to Toronto from Tampa.

4.  El Paso isn't exactly where I would choose to spend a vacation.

5.  You could fly cheaply to Buffalo and drive to Toronto, stopping at Niagra Falls if you've never seen it (or seen it in winter)

Archived