• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where I'd rather not spend my bowl vacation...

I would NOT attend the USF bowl game if it were...  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

No out of country travel for this Bull in a time of war

we're at war?  with what country?

BULLivia  ???

Do they have a Bowl ???

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

BULLivia  ???

Do they have a Bowl ???

yup...  the guinea pig bowl.

6ue2p9x.jpg

6x6r0py.jpg

:popcorn

• Content Count:  500

My brother just got back from Toronto, and while cold he said it is a pretty nice city.

I would not go to toronto because:

1. Its January in Toronto

2. Its freezing in January

3. Thats a long drive to freeze my butt off

Live a little.

1.  Possibility of snow would make a nice change from Florida. Did you ever hear of a jacket?

2.  You can walk downtown underground in Toronto if you want to, and you could be more freezing in El Paso

than in Toronto (domed vs open stadium and it can get frigid cold in El Paso, which has an average low of 31 degrees in January)

3.  It's about 400 miles farther drive one way to El Paso than to Toronto from Tampa.

4.  El Paso isn't exactly where I would choose to spend a vacation.

5.  You could fly cheaply to Buffalo and drive to Toronto, stopping at Niagra Falls if you've never seen it (or seen it in winter)

Very true. Did a cross country drive once and decided to stop over in El Paso. Worse idea I ever had. I don't want to go into it but basically it was c**p. The next time I took the drive I made sure to PASS on El Paso.

But I have to say that Birm. is not that far better. The Pizza Bowl was a joke. It was as if they put that bowl together the night b/4.

Bathrooms...the ones that you could find open were a pig sty.

Concession stands...I have seen better at Little Leagues and some were basically fold out tables.

Birm. gained nothing from having us there. We stayed outside of Birm. We went to none of their businesses before, during nor after the game. We didn't buy anything at that c**p hole of a stadium. We snuck in everything from beer, liq. and food. Did you drive around that stadium? If it's held there I sure hope it's an early game. I wouldn't want to be caught there at night. As we drove to park, on stadium grounds, we had at least 5 different less fortunate (being pc) confront us. We of course tried to offer them food but they insisted on cash. We then told them were they could deposit their sorry assets.

We go where the team goes but my distaste for those two places is great.  The PJ Pizza Bowl has had an entire year to work details out. I wonder if anything will be different? Doubt it.  :-\

BULLivia  ???

Do they have a Bowl ???

yup...  the guinea pig bowl.

6ue2p9x.jpg

6x6r0py.jpg

:popcorn

:throwup2

:ROFLMAO

Um, btw, those aren't guinea pigs. They're over grown rats. Cheap meat for them. They ran out of cats and dogs so they had to revert to free roaming edibles. Guinea pigs are for the middle class and cows are but for dreamers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

The poll is now locked, having been available for over 24 hours for this highly-scientific research project.

And what conclusions can we draw from this?

1. An overwhelming majority (53%) of those polled view Toronto as the least desirable of all destinations....

2. We would rather saddle up the palomino and ride into the El Paso SUNset than order extra cheese

on the Papa John's Birmingham Special. Interesting result...so perhaps transportation to and from is

not necessarily a make-or-break proposition.

3. Five percent...only five percent...said Charlotte was a no-go, though no one ever opined as to why.

Soooo...although we appear to be thankful for a bowl - any bowl - it would appear that all bowls are

not created equal once we slip from the premier (BCS, Gator, etc.) tier. Interesting result between

B'ham & El Paso. Then again, no one has had to write a check yet, either.

This poll was made possible by a grant from the Annenberg/CPB Project and the Pew Charitable Trust.

For a transcript of this, just jot down everything everyone posted.

:satan

I have to figure the 5% response rate for Charlotte represents the disgruntled masses who probably clicked off every option since this season has been a terrible disappointment and all that jazz. For those folks-- it was either BCS bowl, NC game, or at the very least the Gator or NOTHING.

or perhaps they just weren't going to go anyway. We have lots of folks on this board who have not gone to a bowl game so far-- some due to money/travel issues.

I am very hopeful for a strong finish and a lucky break to get the Gator Bowl folks to give us a shot. We can bring 10-15K (more??) with a good opponent and an in state drive game. IF we can't -- well-- then I guess we really don't have the fanbase I thought we did.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

..For those folks-- it was either BCS bowl, NC game, or at the very least the Gator or NOTHING. 

Those folks...I can live without.  They shan't be missed.

I am very hopeful for a strong finish and a lucky break to get the Gator Bowl folks to give us a shot. We can bring 10-15K (more??) with a good opponent and an in state drive game. IF we can't -- well-- then I guess we really don't have the fanbase I thought we did.

Same here. The Gator Bowl would be a fanstastic finish to this season. And I agree, there's no reason not to bring +10K to something that's within walking distance. Hey...push comes to shove it's drive up, catch the game, drive home. All in a day's work.

And if not, I've already had the big pow-wow with the boss regarding this season's bowl vacation in lieu of yanking the Auburn rug from beneath my feet.  8)

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Would go to any bowl except to Toronto.  Way too expensive to fly the four of us there and that is too far to drive.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

Would go to any bowl except to Toronto.  Way too expensive to fly the four of us there and that is too far to drive.

Just messing around on Expeida...it looks to be about $1,700 to fly Tampa to El Paso (2 adults, 2 kids 12/27 - 01/02)

and to Toronto is about the same $1,712 Tampa to Toronto (2 adults, 2 kids 01/03 - 01/07).

Archived