• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play Calling Today Was....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

coaches and most players do not listen to fans for crap but

give ford the ball more --- Check

get a little more creative on offense ---- check

wide receivers catch the ball ----- check

grothe do not turn the ball over ---- check

running backs hold onto the ball ---- check

delbert kick the ball straight ---- check (except for the block)

the message board can solve the worlds problems

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,103

coaches and most players do not listen to fans for crap but

give ford the ball more --- Check

get a little more creative on offense ---- check

wide receivers catch the ball ----- check

grothe do not turn the ball over ---- check

running backs hold onto the ball ---- check

delbert kick the ball straight ---- check (except for the block)

the message board can solve the worlds problems

you forgot: Grothe get rid of the ball instead of taking the sack---check

• Content Count:  2,052

Yes it was good yesterday! But why did it take 3 losses to figure it out. Sorry guys, I am still not sold on Gregory.  Reaper

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

it was a complete game-- no doubt

but let's not get ahead of ourselves over a win against Cuse. We need to get back on a roll and finish our last two regular season games strong.

ps-- no one is reading a message board for coaching advice. No one that is worth a crap at coaching at least.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Best coaching job was exhibited through the blocking Ford did down field while in support role of other players.  He is solid but needs to stay in class and keep his grades stable.

Leavitt must have been getting him squared away for a 3 game run at the end of the season.  The use of Ford was key to the game.  Grothe another great performance. 

Ford proved that he can block, one of the biggest criticisms of his game.

and one of the biggest changes in this game was Grothe under center with the use of a FB to block for the RB running between the tackles.  that really made a difference.

of course, it was only Syracuse... but if we can execute a gameplan to perfection like that against Cuse, it should be at least somewhat effective against the remaining teams on our schedule.  Louisville, at least, doesn't have a lockdown D either.

if we'd been doing this all season, it would have made it a lot more difficult for teams to prepare for us, instead of the predictable 7 play offense we ran the first 9 games of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

No one said Ford couldn't block-- we were comparing his blocking ability-- especially in pass protection to Ben Williams. Ben has more experience doingthis so of course he has the edge there.

Ford can still use more seasoning as a blocker-- and he would probably admit that. He did lay some nice blocks yesterday but also missed some key ones during the QB draws (failed to hit anyone as Grothe followed him through the line).

THe nice thing is that he is a pure Freshman-- so he and many others have years ahead of them to get better every game and add to his already gifted natural ability.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

dont get me wrong, i thought the playcalling was outstanding.  i just hope it didnt happen because gregory knew we were playing an inferior opponent.  he hasnt called half that stuff against any decent team weve played.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Bigger than the playcalling was getting the players in positions to succeed.  Finally using Aston Samuels's speed.  Finally seeing Richard Kelly in there blocking (he could be better, but he needs to start somewhere).  Jamar Taylor on a long pass out of the backfield.  And Ford.  4 RBs and all  contributed.  Williams can contribute also without taking away from what the others were doing.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Two nicest routes/pass plays all season.  Number one was the TD to Mitchell.  No one was within 10 yards of Carlton.  Great play fake on that.  Number two was the pass straight downfield to Jamar Taylor.  Another great play fake and Taylor clearly was wide open.  I know its Syracuse, but we really should have seen these plays earlier in the year, when we needed them. 

Everything was good with the exception of the long Grothe interception before half.  What was he trying to do?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

dont get me wrong, i thought the playcalling was outstanding.  i just hope it didnt happen because gregory knew we were playing an inferior opponent.  he hasnt called half that stuff against any decent team weve played.

Excellent point.

Let's hope this isn't the last we've seen of a worthwhile gameplan.

Archived