• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play Calling Today Was....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

from what CJL has said repeatedly in the past--- the decision of who starts at RB starts with RB coach Carl Franks. Whether he is influenced by CJL or OCGG-- who knows. But he is the one who makes the substitutions during the game as that is his area of control. Unlike last year-- CF has much more to work with-- perhaps too much talent and not enough playing time to spread it effectively.

I understand the idea of giving a back a certain number of carries so they can establish a rythm. And while playing Ford is certainly a good move-- I wonder if there are other issues at play impacting how much time he sees. He was coming off a rib injury a few games ago-- and you don't want to push too hard under those circumstances. Other times he was in the doghouse for missing a class. I think you have to take some of those things into consideration and let the coaches do their job from a macro perspective instead of each specific game. Ford is still a freshman and while gifted-- I think he needs some more seasoning. It seems like that process is coming along well and we should see better results going forward in terms of his usage and his overall effectiveness

The substitution coach knows that the Bulls are VERY deep at every position.

OCGG is a stooge.  Get rid of 'em.

Peace.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  971

I've noticed throughout the year that our receivers are really trying to sustain blocks downfield.  Though not always successful, they are putting in the effort, unlike last year IMO.

• Content Count:  1,757

Poor Grant.  He got the same injury as Grothe vs. Cincinnati last year.

Will he wear a clear shield now, too?

After watching Grant play (albeit very limited) I'd like to see him get rotated in during game time situations, not just mop up duty.  He has a cannon for an arm and has patience in the pocket.  It would be a nice changeup to help stretch the field.  Not to mention helping to keep Grothe fresh. 

Archived