• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play Calling Today Was....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The best it's been all season.  I loved the fact that we used the heck out of the Wr screens which get our best athletes in a position to make plays and contribute.  Loved the fact that we used the end around as it gives teams something new to look at and will slow defenses down as they have to stay home against the play fake or an actual end around.  We FINALLY started to get some designed roll outs going so Matt can pressure the defense with his arms and legs by design instead of necessity.  And i loved the more prevalent role of play fakes and play action to keep defenses honest.  Mr. Gregory called a very good game today hopefully this translates to what we will see the rest of this season and next year.   

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed.

Best for me was dialing up Mr. Ford 28 times.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sweetest play all year was the TD pass where he faked to Ford then faked the WR screen.  All set up because of Ford's running ability.  The defense was completely frozen.  Well designed and well executed.

• Content Count:  1,457

Best coaching job was exhibited through the blocking Ford did down field while in support role of other players.  He is solid but needs to stay in class and keep his grades stable.

Leavitt must have been getting him squared away for a 3 game run at the end of the season.  The use of Ford was key to the game.  Grothe another great performance. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Best coaching job was exhibited through the blocking Ford did down field while in support role of other players.  He is solid but needs to stay in class and keep his grades stable.

Leavitt must have been getting him squared away for a 3 game run at the end of the season.  The use of Ford was key to the game.  Grothe another great performance. 

That would be a 4 game run.  Don't forget the bowl game.

• Content Count:  1,457

yupper!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

That was the best playcalling we have had in over a year. Props to the staff to "listening" to the fans.

Seriously, I am glad and encouraged that the staff knows it has to do a better job in playcalling and using personnel.

The next step is to realize that this was only Syracuse. Anyone who has played a couple games of NCAA 08 could probably do a job calling a game against the CUSE b/c everything you try against these guys will work b/c they are hapless to stop it. What I would love to see is the staff is call a game like this against a team that can actually punch back on defense. I want to see the staff not panic and not abandon the running game. I want to see the nice mixtures of pass, run and gadget plays in all of our games. I realize that we have to take what the defense is giving us, but if we pound big Mike and Richard Kelly into the line 25-30 times per game we can dictate the game and by the 4th quarter be in control.

Overall....great game but let's see it again over the next 3 weeks.

I think Gregory grew up a little bit yesterday as an OC.

• Content Count:  10,219

i have said gregory will be fine.

i hope the playcalling keeps improving

we have the makings of a balance offense with a mobile QB...as UF and Ill proves almost unstoppable.

we will get there...only a stable and deep Oline is missing, everything else is in place

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Does anyone else see a double reverse pass coming? Grothe to samuels to jackson to mitchell for a td (60+ yards).

• Content Count:  500

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=41523.msg479440#msg479440

(Yes im taking nominations for OC next year)

Archived