• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Note to the jerks throwing cups and bottles at the end of the game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I will admit I'm pretty new to this whole message boards thing and I've never been active on other boards to know what they're like, but honestly what is with all of the personal attacks against people? A majority of the threads I have read diverts into personal attacks against people.

I know people get heated in debates and that is part of what makes boards fun, it just seems like instead of stating an opinion on a topic people jump immediately to personal attacks on other people or things they've said. Is this the common thing on these boards? or even boards in general?

My example from this thread:

EVERY ONE OF YOU SOUND LIKE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH.

You're an embaressment to the school and the City of Tampa. 

It isn't enough to simply say you don't agree with cursing, you have to elevate yourself to calling people you don't know at all worthless pieces of trash?

Just wondering if this is the norm on these boards or others at that. Like I said I'm new to this and I want to hear people's oppossing opinions on things or I wouldn't be on here, but I don't want to waste my time reading nothing but people attacking each other instead of open discussions about USF. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

i think most message boards have their share of snarky/insulting members.  just comes with the territory.  people are mighty brave behind the safety of a computer screen.

u make a valid point tho...  it's kind of hypocritical for people like BDYZR to rant against people using vulgarity at a football game, then turn around and call people "worthless trash."  pot, meet kettle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

When you grow up and have to explain to your children why some people talk and act that way,

MAYBE you'll understand.

As I said TRASH.  And an embarassment to the school and community.

If you're one of them and proud of your actions, that's fine.  If you do or don't agree, that's fine too.

Try doing something to change my opinion, or don't, I don't care.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

people are mighty brave behind the safety of a computer screen.

:clap

You would be amazed how different these msg board folks (not pointing to this board or any one individual) truly are in the real world. The uneducated are Nobel Prize winners, the 90lb weakling is going to kick everyone's ***, an ugly duckling puts down the picture of a girl they have never met or know absolutely nothing about them...I hate sounding so serious and gloomy but the net has created millions of on-line bullies. Not trying to sound all high and mighty. I'm sure I am to blame on certain occassions. You get all emotional about something and forget that words can and do harm.  :-\

But, all in all, the BullsPen has been a great board to post on. At the moment many are emotionally driven by the repeated losses and vent here. Which I guess is better than having them on the road and having massive road rage.  :o

:hippy

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I guess I can thank BDYZR for proving my point. you don't know me, you have no idea if I do or don't have children or how I act around anyone's children. Just attack me saying I am TRASH and an embarassment to the school and community. You also assume that I am proud that I lost my cool for a few minutes after a very frustrating game.

I'm not looking to change your opinion of me or of the situation. Just wondering why people feel the need to so quickly attack other people. It's possible to make an opinion on a topic known without attacking people that you don't know with no basis for your argument. It's any easy way to make people not want to be a part of the boards.

• Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

Somewhere back in this thread you guys are talking about your F-bomb tirades.

I have a question... Just who are you trying to impress?

EVERY ONE OF YOU SOUND LIKE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH.

You're an embaressment to the school and the City of Tampa. 

If the players were doing it after the game, are you actually stupid enough to think the refs don't remember and talk to each other?  Maybe that's the reason for some calls.

Grow up and learn to talk with some mild hint of class.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Uh oh, it seems my honesty is coming back to haunt me!  Luckily, I never claimed to have any class so it's all good.  I am no more a worthless piece of trash than every other human being.  I am sure you do or have done something I disapprove of but I don't sit there and judge you.

Archived