• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trade Auburn win for.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,716
  • Days Won:  109

I was out pressure washing and thinking back on the season.  Would anyone trade the win at Auburn for a win at Rutgers?  Please don't tell me I'm an idiot and we can't go back and change things.  I understand that.  But I was just thinking about some what ifs and wanted to read opinions of others.

My thoughts, and yes they are random and conflicting.

If we lose Auburn we don't get that initial push and national recognition.  Then again, no big pressure on us for the rest of the season.  The win gives us an SEC team to claim to have beaten.  And given that the WV win was over a higher ranked opponent we would have garnered some national attention at that time.

A win at Rutgers on a Thursday night when the whole country is watching would have been huge.  Can't remember if the Auburn game was a regional game or not.  A Rutgers win also gives us one less loss in the BE and a better shot at the Championship.

If push came to shove, I think I'd take the win at Rutgers.

Your thoughts???

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I'd trade the Auburn win for a win either at RU or UConn.  Conference games are key

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  168

I wouldn't

that win was special and we can beat Rutgers anytime. Take away that win and USF is not even ranked right now probably.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

I was out pressure washing and thinking back on the season.  Would anyone trade the win at Auburn for a win at Rutgers?  Please don't tell me I'm an idiot and we can't go back and change things.  I understand that.  But I was just thinking about some what ifs and wanted to read opinions of others.

My thoughts, and yes they are random and conflicting.

If we lose Auburn we don't get that initial push and national recognition.  Then again, no big pressure on us for the rest of the season.  The win gives us an SEC team to claim to have beaten.  And given that the WV win was over a higher ranked opponent we would have garnered some national attention at that time.

A win at Rutgers on a Thursday night when the whole country is watching would have been huge.  Can't remember if the Auburn game was a regional game or not.  A Rutgers win also gives us one less loss in the BE and a better shot at the Championship.

If push came to shove, I think I'd take the win at Rutgers.

Your thoughts???

The Auburn win is what made us a legitimate program on the national Stage. Biggest win in our history.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Keep the Auburn no doubt.  Legitimacy is (incorrectly) earned by beating SEC powerhouses on the road like that.

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't

that win was special and we can beat Rutgers anytime. Take away that win and USF is not even ranked right now probably.

while i agree it was special, who cares.  we would still have a chance to win our respective conference, now, not so much.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't trade a road win vs a good SEC team for a Rutgers win, no. That Auburn win is something the program can point to ten years down the road and still be proud of. Not to mention if we lose to Auburn does this team have the confidence to beat WVU? We would have never had the sellout crowds either. Imo, the Auburn win is the single most important win, as far as making us a nationally respected program, in program history.

• Content Count:  1,777

I would rather win the big East than beat an Auburn team on the road.  Winning the Big East gets us to a BCS bowl game.

• Content Count:  1,479

No, absolutely not, never, best weekend ever. As been pointed out, thats what got us recognized legitamately in the eyes of the nation, combined w/ the WVU win, and the madness on tickets, etc that followed.

September was a dream, October has been a nightmare, but I wouldnt trade what happened in September for anything.

Archived