• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trade Auburn win for.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

It might not help our in conf plans... but it IS good for Big East teams to "prove" themselves and it was an amazing boost to our SOS.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

we have several years to win the Big East.  the best days of this program are in front of us.

the Auburn win, however, was a once in a lifetime thing for the growth of our program.  without that win, we never would have climbed as high as we did and got all the press and media attention--- as short as it lasted.

not to mention we can still win out, and finish above our projected "4th place" finish in the BEast... possibly even 2nd if WVU wins out and UConn loses 1 more.

a 10-2 season + a bowl win is very respectable, and will keep us in the Top 25 going into next year. 

this year is a building block in the foundation that will keep USF on the radar for years to come.  next time we go 6-0 to start the season, we will have already been here and know how to keep the momentum going, instead of collapsing in games that we should have won.

the Auburn win proved that we CAN win big games on big stages.  now we just need to do it consistently.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I said it before the season started.  All conference games are more important than the Auburn game.  Maybe the Auburn win will mean more down the road, but a win at Rutgers or UConn is way more valuable to us this season.  Not even close.  Those that argue the other way don't know what you're talking about.

The goal before the season was to win the Big EAST.  Winning at Auburn has nothing to do with it.  Win your conference games first and foremost.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Can't trade em. Should've played better.

Being in Auburn for that win was one of the best feelings ever. I wouldnt trade it for the world

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I said it before the season started.  All conference games are more important than the Auburn game.  Maybe the Auburn win will mean more down the road, but a win at Rutgers or UConn is way more valuable to us this season.  Not even close.  Those that argue the other way don't know what you're talking about.

The goal before the season was to win the Big EAST.  Winning at Auburn has nothing to do with it.  Win your conference games first and foremost.

we all know that.

but big OOC wins are what develop momentum and prestige... and they also validate the quality of the conference as a whole.

i'd certainly pick winning the conference over a big OOC win like Auburn, but if we lose all 5 OOC games but win all 7 BEast games, we get the big $$$ reward of a BCS bowl, but in the process we look like a joke and so does the conference.

the thing is, we had the potential to do BOTH this year--- win big on the road against an SEC powerhouse AND compete for the BEast.  we were still in the running AFTER Rutgers, because WVU took care of business... all we had to do was beat UConn.

so in the end the question itself is flawed...  trading Auburn for Rutgers wouldn't have put us in any better position than we were already in, so the real question is trading Auburn for UConn....  and i'm sorry, but losing to Auburn and being 6-2 with a win over UConn instead is NOT as good for the program as having that win.

u gotta think in terms of national prominence and the recruiting implications, which lay the foundation for future dominance of the Big East.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

we all know that.

but big OOC wins are what develop momentum and prestige... and they also validate the quality of the conference as a whole.

i'd certainly pick winning the conference over a big OOC win like Auburn, but if we lose all 5 OOC games but win all 7 BEast games, we get the big $$$ reward of a BCS bowl, but in the process we look like a joke and so does the conference.

the thing is, we had the potential to do BOTH this year--- win big on the road against an SEC powerhouse AND compete for the BEast.  we were still in the running AFTER Rutgers, because WVU took care of business... all we had to do was beat UConn.

so in the end the question itself is flawed...  trading Auburn for Rutgers wouldn't have put us in any better position than we were already in, so the real question is trading Auburn for UConn....  and i'm sorry, but losing to Auburn and being 6-2 with a win over UConn instead is NOT as good for the program as having that win.

u gotta think in terms of national prominence and the recruiting implications, which lay the foundation for future dominance of the Big East.

I really appreciate you pointing out that my question was flawed  ::) 

Maybe you can come do the power washing for me next time as well

Archived