• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conspiracy???... Need help

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  105
  • Days Won:  0

Just joking on the question... sort of... but I went to watch the replay on ESPNU today and due to time constraints, they made some edits... They EDITED THE DISPUTED BLOCKED FG PLAY... how do you edit that play?... Unbelievable!!...  here's where I need help... what we're Fowler, Flutie, and James saying?... I know Mark Robinson and Jim Louk we're trying to be non-homers, but they said they did not believe it should be overturned (especially Mark)... on the field, I did not have the advantage of multiple replays and thought at the time it was an illegal pass, but after seeing the sportscenter replays, realize that process of overturning that call was an absolute joke... I know we had opportunities to win the game and probably should have made plays to do so, but I would've liked our chances at 24-10 with 4 minutes to go in the half... In theory, Rice would've been less of a factor and Teel would've been in the uncomfortable position of playing catch-up...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Here's a short replay of it. At least one commentator wasn't buying it was illegal from the comment heard there....

• Content Count:  743

They were saying that we intentionally did it and better yet that we had practiced it. We practiced blind, no look, being tackled from behind, bounce passes to defenders after blocked kicks. Thats how much time we have at our practices. They all said it was a forward pass and that it should be overturned. I couldn't help but laugh when they said that we practiced doing that.

• Content Count:  12,293

it was a mistake.  we all know it.

but how about we don't talk about this 1 play for the next 8 days.

there is still a lot of season left.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think they all were in agreement.  I don't know the voices that well, but I think it was Fowler and Flutie, that after seeing the front angle, were ready to agree that it might have been a fumble, whereas one guy wasn't shifting in his position.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They were saying that we intentionally did it and better yet that we had practiced it. We practiced blind, no look, being tackled from behind, bounce passes to defenders after blocked kicks. Thats how much time we have at our practices. They all said it was a forward pass and that it should be overturned. I couldn't help but laugh when they said that we practiced doing that.

Yup i was pretty much maxing out the obscene part of my vocab when this was said. 

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i dont care if its sour grapes or not, we got ****** in the ass on that play.

i've heard a couple people on ESPN today calling it " a game of questionable calls and trick plays"

here's the ESPN hilite...  even this guy questions the call.

• Content Count:  12,293

I don't think they all were in agreement.  I don't know the voices that well, but I think it was Fowler and Flutie, that after seeing the front angle, were ready to agree that it might have been a fumble, whereas one guy wasn't shifting in his position.

i hope Craig James never does another USF game.  EVERYTHING out of his mouth that whole game was Anti-USF.

he even questioned Mike Jenkins for saying USF recovered a fumble on the field on that Rice fumble.  Mike was pointing in our direction and James up in the both says something like "how in the world does Jenkins know they have the ball"

• Content Count:  743

Stu slipped and called us UCF once. Sigh... I'm really getting sick of these plays.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

i hope Craig James never does another USF game.  EVERYTHING out of his mouth that whole game was Anti-USF.

he even questioned Mike Jenkins for saying USF recovered a fumble on the field on that Rice fumble.  Mike was pointing in our direction and James up in the both says something like "how in the world does Jenkins know they have the ball"

Yeah, what a tool.  He was a failure in the pros and only rode the coattails of Eric Dickerson while at SMU.  Funny, you would think that James would have more empathy for USF since SMU, who was undefeated with only a tie (yeah they used to have those), was beat out for the National Championship by a one loss Penn St. team who I think lost like 42-21 to Alabama early in 1982.

Archived