• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench Amarri and Delbert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

No ****, a bunch of our receivers were QB's in high school, including Amarri and Denson.

Hey look UCONN is up next.  Voodoo 5 anyone???

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  997

No ****, a bunch of our receivers were QB's in high school, including Amarri and Denson.

Hey look UCONN is up next.  Voodoo 5 anyone???

You low down dirty  . . . . . I'll get you!

• Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

The only time Delbert should touch the ball is when he is punting. His field goal game is terrible. Yea he had one good kick. But one good kick out of 15 crucially missed ones for the season (approx.) doesn't make you a good kicker. The guy is terribly inconsistent under pressure.

• Content Count:  206

MG quit drinking the Amarri/ Delbert flavored Kool-Aid, Amarri has had 3 years to prove to us and the only thing he's done is prove he can have one good game and a few mildly important catches. And Delbert well he's on a short leash. I think we should really look to our offense when we're inside the 40 but outside the 17yd lines. He can't consistently made any range, as far as punting he doesn't have the ability to put the ball inside the 20. He can't angle a punt to the sideline. So why punt or attempt a field goal on a short field, just go for it.

And Bullfreak about Delby being recruited as a punter, let's move Selvie back to Oline b/c that's what we wanted him as. Bottom line....when you take on a different role, then get the job done. But if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result then you are kidding yourself.

FWIW if it were only a few of us that felt this way, I would say sure we may be a bit short-sighted but I betting we are in the majority.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The only time Delbert should touch the ball is when he is punting. His field goal game is terrible. Yea he had one good kick. But one good kick out of 15 crucially missed ones for the season (approx.) doesn't make you a good kicker. [glow=yellow,2,300]The guy is terribly inconsistent under pressure.[/glow]

How many real pressure kicks has he had?

• Content Count:  3,827

Take away the Louisville game in '05 and what HAS Amarri Jackson done in 3 years as a starter?

He's awful.

I was on his ass last year, and I've been on it again this year. He has no hands, he doesnt protect the football, and he doesnt go over the middle, and he has alligator arms. How many times has he turned a 5 yd gain into a 2 yd gain by juking back and forth until 4 defenders get there?

Amarri Jackson: He's tall.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

And Bullfreak about Delby being recruited as a punter, let's move Selvie back to Oline b/c that's what we wanted him as. Bottom line....when you take on a different role, then get the job done. But if you keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result then you are kidding yourself.

That's idiotic.  It's not like Delbert is calling his own number.  He does what he can when his number is called.  The only reason he is kicking right now is because there hasn't been a better option up to this point.

• Content Count:  1,911

and he has alligator arms.

Ive been saying this forever.  Why isnt this guy in the Leavitt doghouse?  Its mind boggling.  Enough is enough.  

• Content Count:  5,903

You're right MikeG... I do trust the coaches to put the best players on the field and in the correct positions... but maybe they shouldn't throw as often as they do to Amarri. Of course he's not the only WR dropping balls... but I bet if they kept stats on it Amarri would have more than anyone.

As for Delbert... I just think we have a better change to get first down then he has of getting us 3 points.

FG%: 56.3% (9/16)

4thCon%: 70% (7/10)

Archived