• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench Amarri and Delbert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

Ok but Albert was a punter who awas pressed into kicking and if you can do better than do it and if youu can't then keep your month shut.

he kicked field goals in high school since he was a freshman at Robinson.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

In regard to Amarri, I have NEVER seen a case where ONE game made a guy a revered legend among the majority of a fanbase.

He has done VERY LITTLE to nothing since UL of his FIRST season.

Personally, I think we have enough WRs who can drop a ball so let them have a turn.  Hester looks like he is going to be a great WR, Edwards was catching like mad.  I really think TJ is the man and he will be missed for the next few weeks.

Even with that, I don't want to see Amarri, line up Ben Williams as a receiver I don't care.

• Content Count:  7,890

Ok but Albert was a punter who awas pressed into kicking and if you can do better than do it and if youu can't then keep your month shut.

he kicked field goals in high school since he was a freshman at Robinson.

so whats your point most punters was their HS FG kicker too. When he signed with us he was brought in as our punter not FG kicker

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Toward the end of the game, they showed Delbert's kicking % and it was less than impressive. From what I've seen, he does well in games that don't matter but [glow=yellow,2,300]he drops the ball (figuratively) when we need him[/glow].

Drops the ball when we need him?? How quickly people forget. If Delbert doesn't come through for the most important fg in our short history, none of this great ride of the last month happens .....

• Content Count:  382

Drops the ball when we need him?? How quickly people forget. If Delbert doesn't come through for the most important fg in our short history, none of this great ride of the last month happens .....

You mean that 30 yarder?  Please.  He should not have needed that kick if he hadn't already missed four.  The kid is barely over 50% on the season.  That's horrible.  Again Ito kicks a 50+ yarder this year and we lose by 3 pts.  He has to go.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

You mean that 30 yarder?  Please.  He should not have needed that kick if he hadn't already missed four.

So we didn't NEED that kick from him?? Please. Kickers are what they are. None are perfect but give me a kid that can kick one from that angle, with what was on the line there every **** time .....

• Content Count:  2,523

I agree with you on Delbert.  Benzer is supposed to be our kicker right now, but he couldn't make an extra point.  Delbert is doing very well on punts, and has been very good on FG's since the Auburn game.  He still gives me grey hairs.

I love Amarri, but he has dropped a TON of passes this year.  If we didn't have other options I'd be ok with leaving him out there.  But when guys like Denson, Bogan and Hester make plays when they have the limited opportunity, they should move past Jackson on the depth chart.

Don't forget Edwards.  He made some great catches as well.

You can throw to Amarria, but it has to be a jump ball.  Anyhting other than that, he doesn't concentrate and drops the ball.  My solution?  Throw to him when you're in the redzone, otherwise, throw to the other guys.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Don't forget that Alvarado was a huge upgrade over what we had before him.  He is punting the ball great, stop hating.  He made two kicks and had one blocked.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Glad we have another kicker coming in with this up coming recruiting class.  Hopefully he will push Delbert to up his game or he will be better than Delbert and take over.  I like Delbert punting the ball though hes been great for us so far.  As for Amarri i say he should lose his starting spot hes dropped way to many passes this season. 

Archived